mtbr member

Anyone in the L.A. area?

If so what trail would you consider good training trails for super d and enduro? right now I'm riding el pierito a few times a week and la tuna canyon and a couple other spots to mix it up

mtbr member
    Anything mostly downhill that takes you 4-6 minutes all out. Can't help with the local trails since I am in SD.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by angry_young_and_poor View Post
    If so what trail would you consider good training trails for super d and enduro? right now I'm riding el pierito a few times a week and la tuna canyon and a couple other spots to mix it up
    Turnbull/Beverly.
    You can google TURNBULL CANYON MAPS. One trail in particular that could be useful. Known to locals as the COW TRAIL, later known as the COLLEGE TRAIL.

Check the maps, as there are three ways down from the highest point on the Canyon, single track. You can peddle back up to the top via the fire road where you had originally parked.

The trail I mentioned, is located in the east side of Turnbull Canton Rd. Park on the right side/shoulder of road. Small gate with a steep climb is the entry.

mtbr member
    I would say the Jedi trails in Santa Monica. Some short, steep climbs, and lots of descending.

mtbr member
    Rode El Prieto to JPL today. Good for technical, but not for Enduro training. The ups are too short or too long. Also, way too many people to get after it.

mtbr member
    How does Johnson's in Chatsworth stack up on the Enduro scene?
    '14 Lenz Lunchbox
    '08 Gary Fisher Ferrous 29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Rode El Prieto to JPL today. Good for technical, but not for Enduro training. The ups are too short or too long. Also, way too many people to get after it.
    so should enduro trails just be more wide open then? I do el p in just under 9 minutes