Anyone doing the Capitol Forest Enduro in Washington?
Looks like it should be a great race with some fun trails. Really informative website here except it doesn't say how to get there.
Google produced this..... but I'm not sure this will put you in the right place.
FROM OLYMPIA, WASHINGTON:
1) From the intersection with I-5, head west on U.S. Highway 101.
2) Within a couple of miles, take the second exit along Highway 101, the "Black Lake Blvd" exit.
3) Turn left onto Black Lake Blvd (lighted intersection).
4) Drive south along Black Lake Blvd for 4.2 miles, until a stop sign (Delphi Road).
5) Turn left onto Delphi Road and follow for 2.1 miles.
6) Turn right onto Waddell Creek Road.
7) After 2.7 miles, Waddell Creek Road turns left. Do not turn. Continue straight, and the road is Sherman Valley Road.
8) After 1.3 miles, Sherman Valley Road technically ends and the "C-Line" Forest Road of Capitol State Forest begins. There is a "Leaving Public Road System" sign near this location.
9) Drive along the "C-Line" Forest Road for 1.9 miles to a small open area, from which the "C-7000" Forest Road turns sharply right off the main road.
10) Drive along the "C-7000" Forest Road for 3.4 miles, until its end/intersection (~2350' elevation) with the "C-4000" Forest Road.
NOTE: This is a major intersection, with a lot of open space in the middle. Park in the open area, where available and where not obstructing right-of-way traffic.
Yep I'm in. It'll be my first Enduro. Been waiting for this for a while. Can't wait!
I usually always go to Interbike the third week in September spending the first two days at Dirt Demo then moving on to Hurricane for a day then Moab for rest of the week.
I'm seriously debating changing things up a bit (Ok... a lot).
Travel 914 miles to Olympia, WA on Friday the 14th for the Capitol Forest Enduro on the 15th. Then travel to Vancouver Sunday. Ride the North shore for a day or two, Squamish for a day then on to Whistler for the final three days.... 1100 mile trip home on Sunday.
Does that sound crazy?
I've been considering the capitol forest enduro, but I'll be at the Mt. Hood/Sandy Ridge finals the week before so I doubt I'll be able to do that much racing.
Used to ride Capitol alot about 13-14 years ago, great trails and would be awesome for a race like that!
Just circles turning circles....
Sorry for the delay but directions and camping info have bee added to the website.
Also, 'like us' on Facebook to keep up with all the latest.
Just had some heavy overnight rain here in BC, did you guys down in Olympia get some? Gotta say though, it's what the doctor ordered, things were were getting super loose and dusty. Even my Weir Wolfs were having troubles biting.
Hows the overall trail conditions at Capitol?
We did get some rain Sunday night and into Monday. I heard Monday the trails were in outstanding shape but with warmer temps over the next couple days it may dry out again.
What a great race yesterday, I had an absolute blast! The course was fantastic. I got in a couple of days earlier, set up camp and poked around the trails before hand. Met some great people, had a good laugh over a few IPA's.
Thanks to all those that helped put the day together, can't wait to do it all again next year!
I noticed there were a few photographers at different location throughout the race. Just wondering if any individual race pics are available?
Here is the race recap with pictures.
Here is some links folks posted on our facebook page
Last set here
Thanks to all who came out and took pictures.
Capitol Forest Enduro