mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Any Enduro style races scheduled in the SE for 2014?

I really like the Enduro format. I've been training for 100 mile MTB races so I've got the fitness and am getting better at downhill/technical riding. It's basically what we do on Saturdays, but with a real timer instead. My cup of tea

Seems though that all the decent Enduro racing is really far away from us in the SE (Atlanta, GA specifically). I'm moving out west (Denver) in 1.5 years, so I'll run the BME or the North American Enduro series when I get there, as they all seem to be located out there somewhere.

But what to do until then? I'm thinking of making a couple events (Winter Park and Moab) and turn those into 3-4 day mini vacations but after that, the day or two off work and the $750 in travel per event (airplane + shipping bike) etc would be too much to do more.

Any planned series on the East Coast within driving distance from Atlanta? Should I just do a couple of the downhill events at Snowshoe on my trail bike to practice?

-Tom

mtbr member
    Would love to hear of any as well, especially in VA or the Mid-Atlantic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Any Enduro style races scheduled in the SE for 2014?

What kind of bike are you rockin for these type of rides, trhoppe?

I plan to get a 140mm fork for my trance x (26") in hopes of making it a little more enduro friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    This super fast beast (with some upgrades since the pic)

- Remedy 9.9
    - Revelation 150mm World Cup
    - XX1
    - XTR brakes
    - KS Lev
    - Flow EXs on Pro 2 hubs
    - Minion 2.5 front, Ardent 2.4 rear

-Tom

mtbr member
    Tom,
    There is an Enduro race Nov 22-24th in Greenville SC at Paris Mountain. Super fun place to ride - not very technical, but decent vert and fast.

I've heard talk that Pirate Race Productions is doing an Enduro at Brown Mountain OHV near Morganton, NC in March.

Pisgah Productions will most likely do the Pisgah Enduro again next year near Asheville/ Mt. Mitchell area in June.

Blue Ridge Adventures does the Bracken Mountain Super D in Brevard in the fall and Sycamore Cycles puts on the Green Mountain Games Enduro in September.

Based on where your pic was taken above it looks like you know and have been to the area!! How do you like the bike by the way?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    I really like the Enduro format. I've been training for 100 mile MTB races so I've got the fitness and am getting better at downhill/technical riding. It's basically what we do on Saturdays, but with a real timer instead. My cup of tea

Seems though that all the decent Enduro racing is really far away from us in the SE (Atlanta, GA specifically). I'm moving out west (Denver) in 1.5 years, so I'll run the BME or the North American Enduro series when I get there, as they all seem to be located out there somewhere.

But what to do until then? I'm thinking of making a couple events (Winter Park and Moab) and turn those into 3-4 day mini vacations but after that, the day or two off work and the $750 in travel per event (airplane + shipping bike) etc would be too much to do more.

Any planned series on the East Coast within driving distance from Atlanta? Should I just do a couple of the downhill events at Snowshoe on my trail bike to practice?

-Tom
    Tom,
    I run East Coast Enduro | East Coast Mountain Bike Enduro & Super D events and information and have events posted! We already have some but the list will grow for sure. You can see on that site the list of events from last year where there were 38 enduro or Super D events along the east coast. If you are on Facebook, we have a group on there as well. https://www.facebook.com/groups/eastcoastenduro/

-Gerry