mtbr member
    Jul 2010

2014 Bell Enduro Cup ?

anyone know if this is going to be happening again for 2014? No updates on their site or facebook. Hoping to do the whole series and want to start planning a bit...

mtbr member
    Appears to be on July 19th, not specifically called the "bell enduro cup" anymore but just the "enduro cup"

NAET press release below:
    The North American Enduro Tour Returns and Looks to Add up to Three New Events ? New Events Apply Now. - Press Releases - Vital MTB

The North American Enduro Tour (NAET) is excited to announce it is back for the 2014 race season! This will be the fourth year the NAET will unite the best North American Enduro events into a single world-class tour. From the famous loam of the Pacific Northwest, to the big mountains of Colorado, Utah and Canada, and now looking to add the root covered and rocky technical terrain of the East Coast, the NAET is looking forward to another year of pushing the discipline of Enduro mountain bike racing to new heights.
    For the 2014 season the NAET is looking to grow to ten events, offering more opportunities for athletes to race at a high level. An athlete’s best seven races will count towards overall tour points with four of the races being mandatory for overall standings. This year's tour will include the SRAM Canadian Open Enduro at Crankworx Whistler and the Specialized Enduro at the Colorado Freeride Festival, two events from the Oregon Enduro Series, two events from the Big Mountain Enduro series, and one event from The Enduro Cup.
    With interest in Enduro Racing growing across the continent, the NAET would like to add up to three additional events to the 2014 schedule. Event organizers that are interested in having their event considered for the 2014 North American Enduro Tour can apply by going to the following URL (New Event Application - North American Enduro Tour). Applications are due January 15th, 2014.
    The following NAET events are part of the 2014 racing schedule:
    June 7-8 - Oregon Enduro Series - Hood River, OR
    June 21-22 - Big Mountain Enduro -Snowmass/Aspen, CO
    July 12-13 - Big Mountain Enduro - Keystone,CO *
    July 19 - The Enduro Cup - Canyons, UT
    July 25-27 - Specialized Enduro at the Colorado Freeride Festival - Winter Park, CO *
    August 9-10 - SRAM Canadian Open Enduro at Crankworx- Whistler, BC *
    September 27-28 - Oregon Enduro Series - MtHood, OR *
    *Mandatory participation for overall tour ranking consideration
    For more info regarding the North American EnduroTour visit North American Enduro Tour - North American Enduro Tour

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    thanks mt tam haze.. that is only one of the events for the enduro cup however.. last year they had three and i think i heard they were going to have more this year. website/facebook haven't been updated. i bet they are still working on it.. hope so anyway! thanks again.

mtbr member
    Bump...wondering the same thing.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com

mtbr member
    The Bell Enduro Cup, like gnomer said, had three events last year (Moab mag seven , Wasatch Enduro at Canyons Resort Park City, and Sundance).

There was talk of adding the Fears Tears and Beers Enduro in Ely NV to their series but I haven't heard back from them recently.

It's cool to see the North American Enduro Series expanding and including some of the races from several of the other major series.

mtbr member
    I believe it does have three events again. NAET is just ahead of the game and any series that have a race thats apart of NAET set that date already, but have not necessarily confirmed the remainder of the dates.

mtbr member
    Bump. Also been wondering the same thing. Wasn't there talk last year of something at Snowbasin, before Sundance was finalized? I think?

mtbr member
    Bump. Also wondering. Wish either their website or their FB would be updated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I talked to Ali Goulet, who started the Bell Wasatch Enduro and is still involved with the Bell Wasatch Cup. He said they are still working on securing permits for the races and that's why they haven't announced any details but they are planning on Moab and Canyons being the same weekends as last year. That makes Moab the first weekend in May and Canyons on July 19th. He said they were planning on adding the Sun Valley Enduro in June also. He also said that it will be a shorter season and Canyons will be the final.

mtbr member
    Sun Valley or Sundance?

mtbr member
    they have two races on the NAET schedule. North American Enduro Tour - North American Enduro Tour if you look at the enduro cup website, they are looking to release the schedule soon.
    Ride fast. Take chances.

www.stinride.com

mtbr member
    Just released the 2014 schedule. The sun valley round looks fun.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    It does look fun. I'm still disappointed they aren't coming back to Sundance and that Canyons is that last of the season. Still so much of the season left after Canyons.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Just released the 2014 schedule. The sun valley round looks fun.
    Someone please hit this thread when registration opens. Moab was a great way to start the year last year.

mtbr member
    I'm anxiously for registration info, as I'm sure many others are. I'll new sure to update when I see something.

mtbr member
    http://endurocupmtb.com/

They just posted registration. To be honest, I'm a little shocked at the price increases as well as the removal of the Sundance stop as that was super fun. My one criticism with the Canyons race is the fact that you descend Lower Holly's twice. Needed a bit more variety. It states that they will change up the course this year, however, and only release the course maps/stages two days prior to the race to minimize practice runs. I thought that was a cool idea. Noticed that Dan Roper isn't the race director this year. Hopefully, he has moved onto bigger and better things as he did a great job last year for the series.