Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

2013 Enduro Events

I'm really looking forward to next season, hoping to get 6 or so races in.

That being said, what's on the go for next year? Post up any relevant info for the coming Enduro season.

Can't bloody wait for the next racing season!

mtbr member
    The Eastern States Cup is taking on 4-6 enduro events along with the the usual downhill race schedule, we will be releasing the dates and locations soon for both DH and enduro
    So far we have Killington Vt, Attitash NH and Plattekill NY in line for enduro. Hope to add one or two more venues.

Schedule should be all set in January and I will make sure it is posted up here.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Big Mountain Enduros have released their schedule for 2013 with races in Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico: Big Mountain Enduro Venues - Big Mountain Enduro Series

The Enduro World Series schedules shows two dates in the US (Crankworx Whistler and Trestle/Winter Park) along with Euro stops: Enduro World Series

Still waiting for dates for Oregon, etc...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Awesome

mtbr member
    Socal is starting early. Temecula/Socal Enduro is January 20th and Black Mountain/Racers and Chasers in SD is early February.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by batts65 View Post
    The Eastern States Cup is taking on 4-6 enduro events along with the the usual downhill race schedule, we will be releasing the dates and locations soon for both DH and enduro
    So far we have Killington Vt, Attitash NH and Plattekill NY in line for enduro. Hope to add one or two more venues.

Schedule should be all set in January and I will make sure it is posted up here.
    are all of these races going to be lift assisted?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1000dave View Post
    are all of these races going to be lift assisted?
    Not completely, still working out the details with each venue and course layout. What we would like to see is probably one lift ride either at the start of the day or at the end depending on stages and layout. Possibly 2 lift riders throughout the day, but it is Enduro, so plan to pedal, but not "race" up the hill.

mtbr member

California Enduro Series

I know this has been plastered around this site and a few others, but I thought it was worth linking it here.

I'm pretty jealous with what you guys have going on in the state's. I'm sure it's only a short matter of time before BC gets something up and running....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by batts65 View Post
    Not completely, still working out the details with each venue and course layout. What we would like to see is probably one lift ride either at the start of the day or at the end depending on stages and layout. Possibly 2 lift riders throughout the day, but it is Enduro, so plan to pedal, but not "race" up the hill.
    Batts,

I like what I am hearing!

Minimize the use of lifts. That will make the races interesting. I have ridden a couple of the Super-enduro race courses in Italy when I was visiting my parents a couple of Summers ago and they end up being roughly 20 miles and 4,000-5,000ft of climbing and descending. The races take 4-6 hours to complete and include up to 5 timed stages 6-20 minute long. I find this format really fun because it's a full day on the bike on fun trails, not just waiting around all day for a few minutes of racing or an infinite slog.

This format is really well suited for our East Coast terrain where we don't have endless vertical as in the Big Mountain Enduro series.

Are you and ViciousDHer considering venues outside of bike parks? I have a killer course mapped out at Pittsfield State Forest for example that I would be happy to show you in the Spring. Not sure how complex the logistics of running a race there would be.

Luca

mtbr member
    Update to Socal

1/11 Fontana Super D
    1/18 Vail Lake Enduro
    1/25 Fontana Super D
    2/8 Fontana Super D
    2/15 Black Mountain Enduro
    2/22 Fontana Super D

Enduro typically does not include lift assist since it defeats the purpose of the race and allows for the use of more dedicated DH bikes. Some of the European races use them for a single transfer stage but still have other stages you have to climb.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Capitol Forest Enduro

The 2nd Annual Diamondback Capitol Forest Enduro is set for September 14th.

Like us on Facebook to keep up the latest

I'm with stupid
    Capital forest looks like fun, its only a hour and a half from my moms place according to google. Might have to check it out if Im not broken from doing the Big Mountain Enduro races this year.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Interesting "add-on" enduro: 2013 Breck Epic Race Preview

Anyone with local knowledge have thoughts on this? Closest we'll get to a Trans-Provence in the US, or just a lame add-on to take advantage of the enduro craze?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Bootleg Canyon Banzai Enduro Race

Bootleg Canyon Banzai Enduro Race

March 2nd 2013

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

mtbr member
    This looks like it might be fun.

Category Winner
    The permit application has been delivered for an Enduro race to be put on by an experienced promoter in the Pisgah National Forest. It's in the hands of the NFS right now.

June 22 (assuming it all works out).

Keep an eye on this site for details as soon as they are available:

Pisgah Productions
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwit View Post
    Interesting "add-on" enduro: 2013 Breck Epic Race Preview

Anyone with local knowledge have thoughts on this? Closest we'll get to a Trans-Provence in the US, or just a lame add-on to take advantage of the enduro craze?
    I dont think it will be anything like the Trans-Provence... Mostly XC racers attend the Breck Epic, but there are some badass descents in the race.
    jesus rides a fixed gear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am thinking of trying a enduro race this year, and being a newbie i'd probably do cat 3.
    The oregon series looks pretty cool, Has anyone done the Ashland course, how is it?

try and catch me
    Mar 2011

2013 Enduro Events

Wish there was something in Texas ! I want to race. But even angle fire is 13 hour drive

mtbr member

KALI Spring Enduro, Weaverville, CA. May 26

Name:  KaliSpringEndWebLogo.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  235.0 KB

As with all events from Team Bigfoot this one is just a bit different. This one is about determining the most all-around rider, with equal emphasis on climbing, descending and speed. Racers must use the same bicycle for all three events.

Stage #1. Cross Country. 5.5 miles. For this mass start event the course heads out the rear of Trinity High School, drops down the infamous "Cork Screw" and then does a lap of the new 4.7 mile singletrack, "McKenzie Loop."
    Start Times: 10:00 am Expert Pro, 10:01 am Sport, 10.02 am Beginner

Stage #2. Hill Climb. 3-miles 1,300 feet of elevation gain with an average grade of 8%. This mass start event head up Weaver Bally road, a wide fireroad that's mostly hardpack dirt, but with a few sections of gravel. The start times are spread out my category to give all racers a little time to recover from the Cross Country stage.
    Start Times: 11:00 am Expert Pro,11:10 am Sport,11:20 am Beginner

Stage #3. Super-D. 8-miles 1,300 feet of elevation drop. The final stage is an individual time trial. After finishing the hill climb riders may take some time to recover before getting lined up for the Super-D. Depending on the number of riders we'll use 30-second or 60-second intervals.

SUPER ENDURO:To give the toughest racers their own game of
    "Quien es Mas Macho?" we offer the Super Enduro for riders who race Saturday's 6 Hours of Weaverville and the 3 stages of Sunday's Enduro. First place medals will be awarded in all categories based on the combined time of a rider's fastest 2 laps on Saturday plus all 3 stages on Sunday.

KALI Spring Enduro

mtbr member

Kali spring enduro prize list

Our good friends at KALI are kicking down a great prize list. The fastest man and woman in each event will each win a Kali helmet, and in the Super-D in addition to winning a helmet the fastest man and woman will also win a set of Kali knee/shin guards and a set of Kali elbow guards. And to give everyone a chance at the prize bounty we'll hold our usual Team Bigfoot prize raffle --- the better your overall result the more chances you have to win cool stuff from Kali, ODI Grips, Rock N Roll Lube, Bien Padre, Sock Guy & more.

2013 Enduro Events-kaliamarahelmet-0.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Aside from their DH Series, here's the Eastern States Cup Enduro & Super D series:
    Eastern States Cup Enduro Series:

July 6 Plattekill, NY NY State Championship/Independence Weekend Bike Gathering
    July 14 Attitash, NH NH State Championship
    July 28 Killington, VT VT State Championship
    Aug 4 Sunday River, ME ME State Championship
    Aug 25 Killington, VT Enduro Regional Championship

ESC SuperD Races Not Counted for Series Standings in 2013
    (more to be added)
    May 25 Plattekill, NY NY State Championship
    July 5 Plattekill, NY Independence Weekend Bike Gathering
    Last edited by Jim Mac; 03-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    ELEVATE CYCLES | FTW FACTORY RACING | ODI | NEMA | 661| AZONIC | SPY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    Batts,

I like what I am hearing!

Minimize the use of lifts. That will make the races interesting. I have ridden a couple of the Super-enduro race courses in Italy when I was visiting my parents a couple of Summers ago and they end up being roughly 20 miles and 4,000-5,000ft of climbing and descending. The races take 4-6 hours to complete and include up to 5 timed stages 6-20 minute long. I find this format really fun because it's a full day on the bike on fun trails, not just waiting around all day for a few minutes of racing or an infinite slog.

This format is really well suited for our East Coast terrain where we don't have endless vertical as in the Big Mountain Enduro series.

Are you and ViciousDHer considering venues outside of bike parks? I have a killer course mapped out at Pittsfield State Forest for example that I would be happy to show you in the Spring. Not sure how complex the logistics of running a race there would be.

Luca

Sorry Luca, never saw this post?? I wish we had the terrain that Italy and the rest of Europe has, but on the east coast we will be hard pressed to get long runs, I hope we can push 10 minutes on some stages, but others might only be 2-4 minutes. Really hard to say until we get the stages set up. I am hoping that racers will be out for at least 4 hours. Enduro should be part race, part adventure. I also do not want to have riders finishing up at 5pm and waiting on awards with a long drive home. Hopefully we can get the perfect balance between the two and give everyone a great race/ride experience.
    For this year we are sticking to ski mountain venues, mainly for the logistics of it all (power, parking, facilities etc) but who knows about next year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Anybody know about racing in Finland??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast