Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    You, sir, are a mind reader! I have a bike from last season with a 1x10 SRAM setup; crank is 34T with 11-36, and it was fine pretty much everywhere. My main bike this season is a full XTR 40x28 with XTR 11-36, and your setup of XX1 crankset and chain with my XTR cassette and rear D would be ideal. I have XO rear trigger and twister, but XTR trigger is far and away my favorite.

Thanks for the credit card beating! The option to change the ring easily for courses would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
    Iím running a 1x10 using an XX1 Crankset with an XTR cassette and XTR rear derailleur (using the XX1 11 speed chain) and itís been perfect so far. It was fine at Cohutta

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

XX1 ratios: you only lose the top or bottom gear but not one on each side vs. XX

I ran the gear ratios in excel and the math I was looking at says you only lose the top or bottom gear but not one on each side vs. XX. So for my existing XX with 24/38 up front and 11/36 in the rear my granny gear is the same as using 28 up front and 10/42 in the rear in XX1 and I only lose the very highest gear. Alternatively I can keep the highest gear and ditch one on the low gear side. It does this by offering a wider spread between each gear as seen in my handy excel chart.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XX1 for endurance racing?-sram_gearing_xx_xx1.png  

Last edited by drolling; 05-23-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3