Thanks,

S

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by RSW42
    Anyone here ride one?

If so, what do you think?

Thanks,

S
    I have several Wingnut packs. Love them all. Set them up to fit like a fanny pack with shoulder straps and they have a low center of gravity, very stable and comfortable. Side pockets are accessible without removing the pack.

I use Platypus bladders in mine.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Ditto. Have one and it's well made and sits well on your lower back and hip bones. Used it for a good portion of Leadville and it worked great. Accessible side pockets are the major bonus.

mtbr member
    Cool, as I just scored one on eBay...

Go make a difference
    I got my first ones yesterday....(5) packs for me and my clients to demo. I have (3) Hyper 3.0 and 2 Enduros and am MPS on the way. Go on one of my trips and you'll get the chance to demo one for FREE!

I was pleased with the first ride with the Hyper but I need to make some adjustments to it. It's much roomier than I thought it would be and the Enduro is VERY spacious! I can't wait to use it!
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!

Candlestick Maker
    I have one. Very light. Sits low on my back. I find getting into the pockets while riding a bit fiddly/tricky, but maybe I'm just challenged. ;-)
    baker

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I just check them out. they look pretty comfortable. how does the weight on the shoulders feel after a while.

Candlestick Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonball
    I just check them out. they look pretty comfortable. how does the weight on the shoulders feel after a while.
    I haven't noticed the weight on my shoulders, which means it must be a good design. The shoulder straps are super thin, but fairly wide and they seem to distribute the weight well. The design puts more of the weight on my lower back and also appears to take some of the weight off of my shoulders.

As a reference, I have a pretty hosed neck / upper back from a nasty 8' face plant about 8 years ago. I'm quite sensitive to having too much weight on my shoulders.
    Last edited by baker; 02-24-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    baker

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    sounds good. they way it sounds that it actually straps to your weight with like a belt system.kinda like my ruck sac in the army.

Devo
    sounds good. they way it sounds that it actually straps to your weight with like a belt system.kinda like my ruck sac in the army.
    exactly
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I bought the hyper 3 last year and really like it. One of my favorites features is that it doesn't slide up my back on real steep downhills like my old camelbacks did. It seems to be built a lot better to. I haven't used it in the summer yet, but I'm hoping that it's a bit cooler because it leave my upper back uncovered, we'll see.

Eating Hot Pockets
    I got 2 Enduros last year for Leadville and they were fantastic. Used one to get to Twin Lakes, swapped it for a less-filled 'climbing' pack, then when I got back to Twin Lakes, my original had been refilled by my crew and a simple pack swap and I was good for the rest of the event. Beyond those 2 stops, I stopped twice to pee and the rest of the time I was moving, thanks to the Wingnuts. I was able to reach all my nutrition on-the-fly and even with a fully loaded pack, I never felt it on my back or shoulders or wrists. Just take the time to position it properly and you'll never reach for a Camelbak again. (I have a whole rack of various packs I no longer use now.)
    Any drawbacks? Just two that I've experienced:
    For all-mountain or freeride use, the pack sits a little too low and when you're in the air over a jump or bunny hop it tends to float off your back a bit more than other packs... But that's mainly because you don't need to cinch it down as tightly to work effectively. For long endurance rides, it's not an issue. Once the wheels hit the ground, the pack settles to it's original position just fine.
    The only other issue is purely MY fault: because the pack feels so empty even when full, I tend to carry things I don't need...just go thru the contents once in a while and toss out the dozen old pieces of fruit and extra pairs of shoes, etc...

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Set up correctly (as I stated in my first reply) there is very little weight on the shoulders at all.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

on the flats
    Feb 2011
    Is anyone able to post a few pics of you wearing your packs and the room for stuff? I am in between the 3.0 and the enduro.
    Everything I do outside I have my camelbak with me, I need something that is more comfortable on the bike. My camelbak makes my hands numb (its not a fit issue).
    thanks!