mtbr member

Way to go Lume Lighting

I just wanted to share a very positive experience I had with Lume Lighting. I own a Lume Strada HID that is about two years old, and out of warranty. About three days before I was flying out to do this year's 24 Hours of Moab, my lamp stopped working...needless to say, I began to freak out. I contacted the folks at Lume, and ended up having probably the best customer experience I ever had with a cycling product company. The people at Lume were super-responsive to my situation...my emails were responded to within a few hours (instead of a few days), and I received several personal phone calls and emails from the company (including the owner) keeping me informed of the status of my repair.

To make a long story short, I got my light back within two days of sending it back to Lume...just in time to head out to Moab. In my opinion, Lume's price point and customer service make it one of the best values out there. If you're looking for a HID, I think you should at least consider Lume. Although Lume's HID may not be the brightest or longest burning HID on the market, it is at least as bright, if not brighter, than many of the other HIDs I've seen and the Lume battery's burn time is a respectable 3.5 hours.

I'll admit that I did drool over Nite Rider's new Moab HID, but $600 is kinda steep. I'm really happy with my Lume system, especially since I got if for around $270 with the MTBR discount.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Good to hear!!

I have heard many positive comments now about Lume Lightings customer service.

Cheers, Dave.