Team Weak & Feeble

Training plans or tips for first 100k race.

Doing my first 100k event this summer, the Jay Challenge. 100k with 10,500 feet of climbing. Anyone have any training plans or tips they care to share. I've done a bunch of xc races and anumber of 24hr races on a team but not as a solo. Thanks for the input.

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    I have a few. Look through the list on the link below and shoot back with any questions.

Lynda

mtbr member
    Depends on the support. My first 100 mile event I packed like it was a non-supported event and had a camelback that weighed a ton! If it is supported, prepare drop boxes in advance, a great breakfast in advance, and a big recovery meal...in advance. Did I mention in advance?

Best advice - have fun! It is a mental game and you will not do it again if you are not having fun. Laugh off adversity as it will come and go. Ride at your own pace or comfort zone. People will go through phases of strength and weakness at different times - no sense in trying to hang with someone when you are in a weak phase and someone else maybe in a strong phase.

Nate
    Paco the "Flyin' Finn"