mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Syllamo's revenge 2013

FYI...

Registration for Syllamo's Revenge, in Mountain View, AR, opens this Saturday @7am ET.

Registration details can be found here: Syllamo's Revenge Mountain Bike Challenge in the Ozarks Mountains of Arkansas.

This year, Phase Training will be offering very affordable training plans to all registrants of the 50mile race!

Training plan details can be found here: SYLLAMOS REVENGE TRAINING PLAN | Phases - Good. Better. Best.

CHECK IT OUT. REGISTER AND COME PREPARED!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    How did the race go? I am supposed to be out there Memorial Day weekend and hope to find the trails in good shape.

Dirty South Underdog
    I've had better days, but I still think those are the best trails in the world: brickhouseracing Syllamo?s Revenge Race Report
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The trails themselves are in great shape; however, for the race, the rocks were wet so they were slicker than ice. There were times when it was hard to stay upright even walking. I heard that people walked more than they had in past races. The red trail (Bad Branch Loop) is pretty overgrown - the vegetation is really high on either side of the trail.

I raced it for my first time and was glad to finish without any major injuries or mechanicals. A tough race for sure, but I'm glad I did it!

mtbr member
    I did the 125K version, I love the trails and the race but the 2nd lap on the Bad Branch Loop was arm shredding I didn't think the rocks were that slick, I did ride it two weeks ago in the rain though Character building as my Mom used to say

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea138 View Post
    I've had better days, but I still think those are the best trails in the world: brickhouseracing Syllamo?s Revenge Race Report
    I still can't believe you flatted ardent EXO's. On that course, no tire is safe, apparently.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Do you mean overgrown? Weeds tugging at your handlebars? That trail could use some trail care and love. Not sanitized. But weeds tugging at both ends of 680mm bars is kinda ridiculous, I call that a lack of trail maintenance. this is a mountain bike race, not adventure race.

Course marking? Lacking. Twice now people in my group have gone of course, whether due to a lack of marking, or aid station workers sending a person the WRONG WAY.

Its hard to bring friends back to these great trails when some things aren't taken good care of.

Quote Originally Posted by adinar View Post
    The trails themselves are in great shape; however, for the race, the rocks were wet so they were slicker than ice. There were times when it was hard to stay upright even walking. I heard that people walked more than they had in past races. The red trail (Bad Branch Loop) is pretty overgrown - the vegetation is really high on either side of the trail.

I raced it for my first time and was glad to finish without any major injuries or mechanicals. A tough race for sure, but I'm glad I did it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I want to come back and bring more friends to this race, bc I love technical trail racing. But some level of customer support needs to improve-- better course marking, better clear signage/direction at aid station intersections, better weed whacking and loping of branches and overgrowth. full stop.