conjoinicorned

spinervals? which one(s)?

hi

i kept hearing about spinervals on this site, so went to check them out...there's dozens of choices!

any suggestions on say 2 or 3 that are definately worth picking up from and endurance point of view? at 30 bucks a piece....

thanks!
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday
    hi

i kept hearing about spinervals on this site, so went to check them out...there's dozens of choices!

any suggestions on say 2 or 3 that are definately worth picking up from and endurance point of view? at 30 bucks a piece....

thanks!
    I have the Have Mercy video. Not sure it or any other spinerval video is necessarily dedicated specifically to endurace riding, but this one might be the closest to it. It is 2 hours long and if you can do the whole video in one sitting you'll be feeling it. The nice this about this video is it is just a whole bunch of intervals and pyramids from all the other videos put into one. If you don't want to do the whole 2 hours you can just select the types of intervals you want to do. That's what I like about it.

No longer 26
    I have the Base Builder DVD, which combines the other base DVD's into 1 2+ hour DVD (do not recall the tital?), Suffer-o-rama, and No Slackers. I think the combo Base Builder and Have Mercy would be a good 2 DVD collection.

I also have a Chris Carmichael Tape I got with my Cyclops trainer which doesn't get used because...its a tape...

And Robbie Ventura's Race Day which I use as a "singlespeed" day by putting it in one gear and changing cadence to effort noted on screen. Make it a "fun" change up for me.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    That's funny. I have a DVD, I think a Spinnervals one, that doesn't get used because it's a DVD and not a tape because I only ride in the basement and only have a VCR down there. One day, I'll pick up a cheap DVD player for the basement...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I just did the Tough Love one. Overall, a good video. It's 3 hours long and a lot of intervals. If you do all three hours, your legs will hurt when you are done. It has a difficulty level of 9.9 (have mercy has a 10). The majority of the time, you are supposed to be at 80% effort. The cover says it's oriented for centuries, ironman lenght tris etc. It has a lot of out of saddle spinning, pushing harder gears etc. Although it's road oriented, it doesn't ever specify road positions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Second vote for "Tough Love". The video keeps you right under your lactate threshold for the entire workout and found it really beneficial. I have a cheap Performance Bike-brand road bike that I keep setup in the garage in front of a tv & dvd player and if the weather is too nasty to get a road ride in, I'll happily put this video on and feel like I actually got a harder workout in.

I also have "Bending Crank Arms" which is more for strength-building which isn't necessarily a bad thing in the winter. I won't do this video later in the season because it seems at-odds with endurance racing.