mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Small Size Revelate Tangle Bag question.

Hi all. I'm considering getting a Revelate Tangle bag for my enduro rig and it looks like the small will be the size to fit in the frame. What I would like to know from anyone who has the small is what is the maximum size hydration bladder I could fit in there?

Thanks in advance.

(I have emailed Revelate but judging by how quickly he sells out of stuff he must be a very busy guy!)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A 3l Camelbak res. fits with a little bit of room to spare.

Candlestick Maker
    When mounted on my bike frame, I cannot get my small Tangle bag to close with a 3l Camelback reservoir. The big mouth opening interferes with getting the zipper closed. With the bladder upside down, it might work, but then I think I'd have feeding issues (maybe?). The small Tangle bag does work fine with my 3l Platypus Hoser.

BTW, I used my Tangle bag on a bikepacking trip this weekend. It worked great. I kept my phone and camera in the left (small) side. On the right side, I kept snacks and items I need to get to fairly frequently (Steripen, etc).
    baker

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I just realized my bag is a medium. The medium holds my 100 oz bladder with enough room left for a few snacks. I also have a large bag for my road bike which has even more space...but is too big for my mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    OK, a bit of an update. I bought the small tangle bag and a full 3 litre Camel bak bladder fits in IF I put the bladder in the tangle and then mount it in the frame. Trying to cram the full bladder in when the bag is already on the bike is damn near impossible. I also got a longer hose for the bladder so I could route the hose where I wanted.

As an aside, it is awesome not having a pack on my back. Two thumbs up Revelate!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you decide that is becoming to much of pain, buy a Platy bladder as it will fit easier. Yeah, the Tangle Bag is my "best purchase" of 2011 and I have his full kit.

mtbr member
    I have a 70oz camel back bladder that fits pretty well in my small tangle. I am interested in trying something new, though. Thumbs up on the Tangle for sure....very nice product.