Shoes

Printable View

• 04-21-2013
    Kurto
    Shoes
    What shoes are you guys using? My old Mavics are pretty beat up, and the sole seems to be getting progressively flexier. Any recs for carbon-soled shoe under $200?
  • 04-21-2013
    EBrider
    I just switched from Sidi to the Giro Guage. Longest ride so far is only 3.5 hours so I probably don't have enough data for a full review, but super comfy so far compared to Sidi. Carbon soled. Retail is $225, but I am sure you could pick up a pair for under $200 if you work it.

Giro Gauge MTB shoes
  • 04-21-2013
    mnyquist
    Shoes
    I have been using the Giro Codes for about a year. Pretty pleased with them.
  • 04-22-2013
    sdcadbiker
    Mavic Razor works for me; I have two pairs (one pair is "race day only"), they are good for at least ten hours riding. The soles have rubber cleats that are OK on wet rocks & stuff and dig in nicely if you have to HAB. I'm not a fan of carbon soles for MTB but that's just personal preference.
  • 04-22-2013
    Huckle
    Been in the Giro Codes for over a year now, and like em pretty good. Jenson is closing out last years model for $169 and have a lot of sizes (1/2's too). I paid a good bit more then that, but they're worth it.
  • 04-22-2013
    bbense
    Which shoe is a lot like asking which saddle? It's the one that fits your foot best, not mine.

I've had really good luck with Shimano high end MTB shoes. You can often find them on sale
    cheap since the models change every couple years.

Shimano SH-M230 Shoes Reviews

I got my pair on ebay for $25...
  • 04-23-2013
    Kurto
    Agreed. I was just curious because I need new shoes and I'll be doing my first endurance events this summer, and my local shops only have Specialized, Bontrager and Shimano. I like the looks and specs of some of the Shimano stuff, especially the xc60.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbense View Post
    Which shoe is a lot like asking which saddle? It's the one that fits your foot best, not mine.

I've had really good luck with Shimano high end MTB shoes. You can often find them on sale
    cheap since the models change every couple years.

Shimano SH-M230 Shoes Reviews

I got my pair on ebay for $25...