Fall Branch Felon

Recoverite vs. Endurox

What do you guys think?

Right now, i'm really impressed with the Hammer Nutrition stuff, and their TOP NOTCH customer service. As others have experienced, they do their best to please the customer through follow up calls, and lotsa freebies. I'm all about free stuff.

I've always been told Endurox is THE recovery drink, but that could be old knowledge now.
    I tried the sample pack of Recoverite in my last order from Hammer, and it seemed alright. I can see where some wouldn't like the taste, but I can deal with it.

So, what do you guys think when it comes down to comparing the nitty gritty of it?

It seems like one has more protein, and another has more carbs.

ENDUROX ------

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (75g)
    Servings Per Container: 28
    Amount
    Per Serving % Daily
    Value*
    Total Calories 270
    Calories From Fat 10
    Total Fat 1 g 1%
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
    Sodium 210 mg 9%
    Potassium 120 mg 3%
    Total Carbohydrates 52 g 17%
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
    Sugars 40 g
    Protein 13 g
    Vitamin C 470 mg 780%
    Calcium 100 mg 10%
    Vitamin E 400 I.U. 1330%
    Magnesium 240 mg 60%
    Average Amino Acid Profile Per Serving
    L-Glutamic Acid 2.6 g
    L-Glutamine 420 mg
    Branched Chain Amino Acids 2.7 g

RECOVERITE -----

Serving Size - 2 scoops (49 g)
    67 cc scoop = 4.5 tablespoons or 13.6 teaspoons
    Calories 166
    Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Total Carbohydrates 32.5 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 2 g
    Sugar Alcohol 2.5 g
    Protein 10 g
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 4.8 mg
    Sodium Chloride 74.4 mg
    Calcium Chelate 37.2 mg
    Magnesium Chelate 19.2 mg
    Potassium Chelate 19.2 mg
    Manganese Chelate 1.2 mg
    Chromium Polynicotinate 30 mcg
    L-Carnosine 60 mg
    L-Tyrosine 13.2 mg
    Glycine 37.2 mg
    L-Glutamine 3000 mg
    Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, Xylitol, Natural Flavor, White Stevia, Sodium Chloride, L-Carnosine, Glycine, Calcium Chelate, Magnesium Chelate, Potassium Chelate, L-Tyrosine, Vitamin B6, Manganese Chelate, ChromeMateŽ brand Chromium Polynicotinate
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

mtbr member

happy with recoverite never tried endurox

I've been really happy with hammer products... I HAVE noticed a difference between using recoverite and not using it, usually use it after longer rides (20+ miles, 2+ hours), feel better the next day and more ready to go than when I don't use it. I Drink 2 scoops with water right after and about an hour later...
    One of these days I'm gonna pull myself together
    Soon as I finish tearin' myself apart

Do It Yourself
    One of the main differences is the specific carbohydrates used. Endurox seems to use a lot of sucrose (a.k.a. table sugar) where the Recoverite uses all maltodextrin (long chain glucose polymers). The maltodextrin is not nearly as sweet, doesn't lend it self to osmotic cramping like regular sugar, and more readily absorbed. The Endurox is a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein and the Recoverite is 3.25:1. I really don't think it's that big of a deal on the exact ratio as long as you get a decent portion of carbs with some protein and vitamins right after you ride. To get the same serving size, you would probably want 3 scoops of the Recoverite. Out of the two, I think Hammer is a better product. Personally, I mix up my own Homebrew recipe.
    Long Live Long Rides

MTB nut
    I agree that Recoverite is the way to go. I used Endurox for years with good results then a teammate turned me on to the Hammer products. Hammer is by far a way more thought out line of products. If you can get over the lack of sugary sweetness you will probably feel better in the long run from the better source of carbs.

Did you guys know that the 4:1 carb to protein ratio is actually patented? That is why nobody else uses it.

I also agree that Hammer customer service is second to none. Those people up there in Montana are awesome!
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    Rob Blue
    Evomo Mountain Bike Team
    www.evomo.com/team
    www.evomo.com/blog

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    This may become a moot point soon because Endurox is being discontinued. I may ( I hope) be mistaken but I think the company was bought by Mott's and they are keeping Accelerade but cutting out Endurox.

Fall Branch Felon
    Interesting stuff Homebrew..................I might have to try that...............looks like it'd save money, too.
    "That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

Haro WERX XCR
    Ibis Alibi
    Interloc Scandium Elite

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydog
    Did you guys know that the 4:1 carb to protein ratio is actually patented? That is why nobody else uses it.

Shhhhhh, no one tell them that Hershey's Creamy Chocolate Milkshakes have the same ratio.

servings per container 1 cup; servings per container about 2; calories 270; total fat 8g; saturated fat 4.5g; cholesterol 20mg; sodium 140mg; total carb 43g; dietary fiber 1g; sugars 41g; protein 10g; vitamin a 4%; calcium 35%

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/hersheymilkshakes/

I have these sometimes after I ride when I forget to pack something ahead of time. It's actually really difficult to find drinks at the convenient store that don't have high-fructose corn syrup as the main ingredient but the Hershey's is one of the few. They use good old plain sugar (sucrose). I also can't believe that anyone would drink one of these under any other circumstances. It has about 600 Calories for the bottle.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    endurox with Silk Fiber Soy Milk. back to back century magic.