mtbr member

Racing Ralph V Nano Raptor for 26" XC Hardtail?

I have a newly built up (but used) Scott Scale XL Carbon Hardtail 26".

Running a wtb mutano raptor 2.4 up front (600 grams)

I have two choices for a rear tire since I already own both of these tires and they are near new. I'm looking for fastest rolling, best traction, bigger volume (for a little squish out back) I tried putting another mutano raptor 2.4 out back but the the tire is too tall and will rub the chain stays for sure. Its more of a trail tire but it rolls super fast yet has mega grip so I just am keeping one on the front. My rear tire choices are:

WTB Nano TCS 2.1 Dual Compound (620 grams)

Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.1 UST EVO (610 grams)

Any input?
    Last edited by Yody; 02-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm inclined to go with the Nano, but the outside knobs on the RR are looking a lil beefier. curious which has more volume outta the two

mtbr member
    I put on the RR for fun. Man these 2.1's are so tiny. Not used to seeing such a small tire on my mountain bike

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    On a 26" HT you need more volume in your rear tire IMO. I have been running 2.25 in the rear on my HT 26" and it feels like it rolls just the same at a 2.1, but with added comfort and grip - the only downside is the added weight. I also recently just bought some RR's to run during race season - yet I haven't put them on yet.