Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Q about Sustained Energy...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  32x18 
#1 ·
Some powdered mixes get slimy if you leave them mixed for a while (more than a day). I was wondering if Sustained Energy does this. I would like to prepare it the day before or two days before an event and not have it get slimy.

#2 ·
If you keep it on ice you should not have a problem other than shaking up before you drink it to make sure it is mixed. I would try to keep it closer to one day ahead of the event rather than two. I have used mixed Sustained Energy that was 3-4days old as long as it was refridgerated. Even then it takes on a slightly different consistency. The fresher the better, but keeping it cold is the key. Good luck!

#3 ·
cornfish said:
If you keep it on ice you should not have a problem other than shaking up before you drink it to make sure it is mixed. I would try to keep it closer to one day ahead of the event rather than two. I have used mixed Sustained Energy that was 3-4days old as long as it was refridgerated. Even then it takes on a slightly different consistency. The fresher the better, but keeping it cold is the key. Good luck!
Yeah, keeping it refrigerated is key once it's mixed. You'll only make that mistake once, believe me. I haven't noticed a major difference in consistency if mixed a day ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.