BBW
    mtbr member

New question here. profile design seatpost 2-bottle holder?

Not sure if this has been asked here but I was wondering if anyone uses this for endurance and if it is a good/secure mount?
    http://www.profile-design.com/profil...ation/rm1.html
    I have back issues and would like to find a solution so I don't have to use a hydration pack
    I figured that using this plus another 2 bottles in top/bottom tube would give enough water to make it to the next aid station
    Thanks and cheers
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

I did, once...

Classic error, I threw one on just before a race and then discovered quite how high my back wheel comes up under suspension as they smacked together repeatedly. To cap it all my minitool went AWOL so I did a 20+ mile lap before being able to shed it...

That said if you race an HT or have enough clearance it might work very well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked here but I was wondering if anyone uses this for endurance and if it is a good/secure mount?
    http://www.profile-design.com/profil...ation/rm1.html
    I have back issues and would like to find a solution so I don't have to use a hydration pack
    I figured that using this plus another 2 bottles in top/bottom tube would give enough water to make it to the next aid station
    Thanks and cheers
    I used it a few times on self-supported long rides and thought it worked well until I lost a bottle with it and didn't notice until 10 miles later . I guess you could secure it better with a strap or velcro but then it may get a hassle to take them out - this is a bit precarious anyway when you're on twisty or techy singletrack; therefore I would recommend it only to carry bottles - then swap out when the bottles on the tube are empty.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I used them in triathlon and even on something like a railroad crossing they would eject bottles. The plastic Profile cages do help a lot as they hold the bottle fairly tight though.