mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Outlast Energy good for endurance races?

Hi All,

New to the forum. I recently got a few samples of Outlast by Outlast Energy at a local race and thought it was great. I really felt the difference in my legs the next day and it wasn't overly sweet.

I am thinking about getting a full container for an upcoming 12 Hour but I am hoping to get some input from other endurance riders.

Has anyone used it for an endurance event? Thanks.
    Last edited by mtnracer; 08-13-2009 at 09:05 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Spam... Spam would work better for an endurance event. Oh wait, you are already using Spam?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinmartian
    Spam... Spam would work better for an endurance event. Oh wait, you are already using Spam?
    ???

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Mtnracer:
    I haven't tried Outlast, but I highly recommind Infinit Nutrtion. http://www.infinitnutrition.us/

I have been ultra running (50 and 100 mile races) and endurance mtb racing for several years now. Infinit is the only thing that allows me to keep an entirely liquid diet for the race. The best thing is that all of the componenets are customizable to your body. I am a big guy (6' 1" and 182 lbs) and a 4:1 protein ratio is way too much for me. My infinit formula is closer to 2.7:1. My recovery is usually about 30 to 40% faster since I have been on Infinit too.

Don't be intimidated by the customize thing. If you have questions or comments call or email them and they will help you through it.

Plus, when you figure it out, it is much cheaper than anything else out there.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, or I think there might be some posts on Infinit too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmurv
    Mtnracer:
    I haven't tried Outlast, but I highly recommind Infinit Nutrtion. http://www.infinitnutrition.us/

I have been ultra running (50 and 100 mile races) and endurance mtb racing for several years now. Infinit is the only thing that allows me to keep an entirely liquid diet for the race. The best thing is that all of the componenets are customizable to your body. I am a big guy (6' 1" and 182 lbs) and a 4:1 protein ratio is way too much for me. My infinit formula is closer to 2.7:1. My recovery is usually about 30 to 40% faster since I have been on Infinit too.

Don't be intimidated by the customize thing. If you have questions or comments call or email them and they will help you through it.

Plus, when you figure it out, it is much cheaper than anything else out there.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me, or I think there might be some posts on Infinit too.

I have heard a few people talk about Infinit - both good (custom) and bad (hard on the stomach). Customizing is definitely a bonus.

If it is a custom product, how do you get samples?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The best way is to go to the website and go through the interview to develop your custom blend. If you have questions, call or email the Infinit guys. Then buy a small package. At $20, it is a great price for a custom blended supplement. I went through 2 small packages before I got mine dialed in. A small package was about 12 servings.

If one was having a hard time on the stomach, then there was something wrong with the formula. Probably the osmality was too high. That will slow down the digestion of anything. The osmality is key to any formula.

Since I have gotten my formula dialed in, there have been a few times that I have gotten off pace of drinking, but because I am digesting this so fast, I can recover from either over drinking or under drinking in 15 to 20 minutes. This is so huge. Before I was using Infinit, I would suffer for hours with a bad stomach. One time in a 100 mile ultrarun, my stomach got messed up about 2 hours in and I ran on it for 14 hours. I would have given anything to be able to recover from that in 15 minutes.

Infinit has been the single biggest thing that has really increased my enjoyment of ultra endurance sports.

banned
    I used Outlast on a 9 day trip to Colorado riding some epic trails. While I saw no increase in energy I was not at all tired at the end of 30 mile rides and I was ready to ride again the next day without tiredness. I drank a liter before the rides and 1/2 liter after the ride. Lemon lime is my flavour.

Definitely worth trying.