dot
    mtbr member

Our first endurance race!

may be some of you remember how I asked some questions here on promoting endurance races. And now we finally have done it on this sunday.
    Rule was simple: all men finish after 6 hrs, women after 4 hrs. Lap was 10.3 km long with total ascent of 220 meters. It wasn't very technical but the trails were very bumpy and hard for many backs (mine too). I raced it too from scratch after spending whole saturday and some time on sunday marking the course and setting up the start/finish area.
    Winners did 14 laps (144 km) in 6:11. I did 11 laps in 6:00.

photos: start, me riding, winners with me on the right checking who is the first
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice photos. Did you have any women participate and were any of them winners or was this a men only weekend? Sounds like it. Boyz on bikes..

dot
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyweatherider
    Nice photos. Did you have any women participate and were any of them winners or was this a men only weekend? Sounds like it. Boyz on bikes..
    Yes, there were 16 women too but I don't have any photos of women class winner.

mtbr member
    16 women is awesome! You are doing something right.

So how many laps did the womens winner do and what time did they finish in? Can you give them the same kudos you laid out for the guys?

You make womens racing look like a freaky side show both by giving them a shorter race then totally missing out mentioning them when you are talking about winners.

dot
    mtbr member
    16 women is awesome! You are doing something right.

So how many laps did the womens winner do and what time did they finish in? Can you give them the same kudos you laid out for the guys?
    Winner did 8 laps for 4:05.

You make womens racing look like a freaky side show both by giving them a shorter race then totally missing out mentioning them when you are talking about winners.
    No way! Women got shorter race mostly because we don't have a lot of female racers so the distance was shorter to attract more women to participate. 16 is great number for a local race.

I also attach another couple of photos
    Attached Images Attached Images