xak
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Orbea OIZ Carbon

Has anyone had experience witht his frame? Will it be ok for multi-day event such as Trans Alps?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I own this bike. It is a sub 24lb race rig. Snappy stiff and forgiving. Rode it for the first time in Moab for 5 days. After riding the Alma 29er for a few years this thing danced through the rocks when fully active. Fun Fun. When locked it climbed like a hardtail. I really dig this bike and will race it on appropriate terrain and rotate it with my carbon Alma during 24hour events. As for Trans Alps which is a gravel road race, I would use the Alma 29er, but you can't go wrong with the Oiz.
    JayP

mtbr member

I've got one...

Here's my change....

I've got the Oiz Carbon w/ a Reba up front. I agree with Jay P. My last bike was an 26" Alma but wanted to jump into the endurance racing scene this year so I gave up the HT for the a lightweight FS rig. I am totally hooked. Not sure if I can attribute my recent results to solely to the bike but I won the Expert 8hour Boggs Race in April and placed
    2nd at the Coolest 24hr Solo Race last weekend. I had no bike trouble at all for either race. The only thing that I would and am going to change is my saddle. The bike held up great for both races.

Hope that helps...