Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2007

New World Solo 24 Hr MTB Championships

Media release from CORC attached, announcing end of relationship with 24 Hours of Adrenalin, and formation of a new series of world champs events, with the first 3 years of dates and locations confirmed.

The Italian Riviera next May sound OK ??

Back in Canberra in 2013 for the Centenary of the City (and the 10th anniversary of the fires from which Stromlo Forest Park grew).

Then Fort William (Ben Nevis) for the Relentless 24Hr in 2014.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Wow,,,just wow

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Awesome, simply awesome! Exciting time for the sport!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Good thing a REAL world challenge :-)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Wow indeed!

I'm guessing impetus for a new body came from the inability of the previous organisers to get their act together for 2011 on the back of what i took to be a pretty successful 2010 event (which I had the pleasure of partaking in).

Does anyone know why the 2011 event never happened?

My only fear with this "break-away" syndicate, is that we end up with a divided hierarchy as with boxing, with potentially multiple "worlds" running each year. Such dilution might devalue the significance of both events. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by langles View Post
    My only fear with this "break-away" syndicate, is that we end up with a divided hierarchy as with boxing, with potentially multiple "worlds" running each year. Such dilution might devalue the significance of both events. Thoughts?
    at worst I think we will end up with the American/Canadian so called "Worlds" and the rest of the world Worlds
    which is the case for a number of other sports.......the New World champs will be great events

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by le Matelot View Post
    Media release from CORC attached, announcing end of relationship with 24 Hours of Adrenalin, and formation of a new series of world champs events, with the first 3 years of dates and locations confirmed.

The Italian Riviera next May sound OK ??

Back in Canberra in 2013 for the Centenary of the City (and the 10th anniversary of the fires from which Stromlo Forest Park grew).

Then Fort William (Ben Nevis) for the Relentless 24Hr in 2014.
    Le Matelot:

While I was expecting something like this to occur due to the inability to hold a 2011 Worlds the split also disappoints me. I travelled from the USA last year to compete in Australia and had an outstanding time. I was looking forward to competing in Canmore in 2012. I'm not likely going to spend the money to travel to Italy to partake in a split championship. I am also less likely to travel to Canmore for the same reasons.

My guess is shortly one of the two "Worlds" races will fold and we will go back to a single race format with a meaningful championship. I intend to jump back in when that happens and stay local until then.

Hats off to the new organization though as it is nice someone is providing a stable environment for the race to prosper. Russ, I think this was ultimately a good decision but as a racer I'll sit this one out for now.......

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am thinking I am up for Italy!

Especially after the disappointment from lack of race this year, and now the inclusion of pairs and threes at the solo champs in the canmore flavour.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Such great news. After travelling to the "Worlds" in the US in previous years to find a 24 hour event smaller than UK regional races - and also boycotted by all the hot US racers this should get things back on track. Last year I raced the XTERRA world cup in Italy and boy can that nation get behind something - it'll be awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Australia in 2013...my wheels are spinning.
    Eat Food. Chop Wood. Ride Bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Current 24hrs of Adrenaline world champ, Jason English, has signalled his intentions to make the trip to Italy next year along with a small squadron of fellow competitive 24hr racers from Australia, to challenge the best of Europe's riders will be interesting to keep an eye on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hello

Does anyone knows when will the event in europe take place next year?
    Tanks for the help.
    I am looking to set up my schedule for next year but the info on this events in europe is very limited.
    Tanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The weekend of 19 & 20 May 2012, in Finale Ligure, Italy. Then there is a team 24hr on the following weekend - same place. In between - well, if you can't find something to do in the Italian Riviera for a week ...

See the full media release in the first post of this thread.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    OK tanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey guys, when can we enter Finale Ligure?
    Media release says to 'apply' at the site but I can't seem to figure out where or how.... has anyone entered?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Historically, they open on Christmas Day ... If its going to happen earlier, you'll read about it here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    got it. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This is great!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Does anyone know when we more info will be available for this? Someone said xmas day which is only 2 days away....but there is still only a video on the website??

mtbr member
    May 2007

Wembo

Yes - entries for Italy will open on Christmas day. Just had a long chat with the Italian organiser and it is all on schedule.

WEMBO Website

mtbr member
    May 2007

2012 WEMBO World Solo 24 Champs in Italy - Entries Are Open

Christmas came early

If you know enough about Italy and just want to enter - here it is.

Want to find out a bit more about the Finale Ligure event before you enter ?

mtbr member
    May 2007

Jason English is Entered

Current Australian and World Solo 24 Hr CHamp, Jason English, was one of the first to enter ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    finally I can register to my sixty-two 24h Race
    yeah!

I Gufi di Trento ASD

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

travel

what do people recomened being the best way to get to Finale Ligure? I have family in the UK so intending to go there first....thoughts??

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbharrod View Post
    what do people recomened being the best way to get to Finale Ligure? I have family in the UK so intending to go there first....thoughts??
    The train travel in Europe is pretty good. so that may be the best. It might also be the least expensive if you have a handful of bikes which might = excess baggage on a plane, even though a cheap airfare may look attractive initially.

From London by train, have a look at this site for travel to Nice or this site for travel to Genoa. They also have some advice on taking your bike by train.

There is some travel advice for Italy on the WEMBO site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast