Thread: Michaux Maximus

mtbr member

Michaux Maximus

Anyone doing the Michaux Maximus 40? Any advice on the race? I have done a few of the 20 mile races and they are NASTY!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've done a few of the 40's but not sure about this year until the day before probably. I would really like to though as the course looks fun as always.
    Advice, whew, make sure your bike is really solid and if you're going for time don't necessarily try to ride everything.. and spend lots of time getting on and off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've never rode any of the Michaux races but know many who have. I hear it's a TOUGH course with lots of rocks. I've been told to make sure you have a tire with a good side wall as there are lots of places to slice them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here is the 40 mile race loop:

Michaux Spring Classic 40 by jesstith at Garmin Connect - Details

Although a different promoter, I did the 40 mile Michaux Trail Cup the other day, it was really technical trail broken up with fire road and it was still quite difficult. The Maximus looks like it will be mostly trail which means lots of technical rock sections. I did the 20 mile Terror of Teaberry last fall and it was definitely something special. I think it's safe to say that racing in Michaux State Forest is always going to be challenging. Bring a spare derailleur hangar...