Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mendocino 100 - Ft. Bragg, CA - July 21st, 2013 - Hero dirt forever!

10K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  Tyrone Shoelaces 
#1 ·
Colorfulness Text Font Magenta Graphic design

A 100 or 62 (metric) mile event that is almost 100% non-repeating hero-dirt singletrack. A short fire-road section at the start to get the field sorted out and then it's all singletrack, all the way. One big loop, for nearly 100 miles, not laps... (Note: a few short fire road or pave sections to connect singletrack and we will have the aid stations on these so you'll want them)

...is that something you'd be interested in?

All of it rideable - no hiking. While the rest of the state is ball-bursting hot come ride in the Mendocino Redwoods where it'll be a sunny 72 degrees with a 5 mph offshore breeze!

Camp in a grove of giant redwoods and get your fill of great food and local craft beer... all you have to do is get there!

Details are getting firmed up now, check back for updates soon!

See less See more
#33 ·
Mendocino 100 race report

What an awesome event! This was my first time riding in the area and it's killer!! Straight Lord of the Rings/Jurassic Park beautiful and amazing country. Perfect weather. The course was a challenging mix of technical, single track of all kinds, and fast fast road. A strong field with 15 minutes separating my seventh place from Shilo's third after a short 100 miles. It was super well marked, 5 well stocked aid stations, friendly people (Mendocino hospitality start to finish). Camping was on a grass lawn, under the shade of redwoods, I was near the sand volleyball courts...it was pimped out by the Cal Fire guys who work around Jackson Demonstration Forest where the event is held. I will definitely be back for Murphy's M5 in August and encourage you all to check out his races. This guy does it right and worked hard to put give riders a great race. Almost forgot to mention the gourmet buffet at the end. It was grown local and served by the guy that grew it. Salads, salmon, jambalaya, more than you can eat. Oh and beer, tasty beer.

#37 ·
2014??

Any word on if this is making an appearance in 2014 :smilewinkgrin:?

I know it is still pretty early, but just looking at putting a calendar together and this is definitely on the to-do list. I would like to make this a family vacation trip if it is happening :thumbsup:.

Thanks in advance.

#42 ·
From the SuperPro FB page...

Superpro Racing

19 minutes ago.

For some reason, we haven't posted this here yet:
SuperPro 2014 Calendar SAVE THESE DATES FOR 2014:

Tainthammer 130 & 70 Feb 9

SF Spring Classic Mar 9

Stafford Lake Stampede June 14 & 15 (4hr MTB & Trail Run)

Mendocino 100 & 100k MTB July 5 :thumbsup:

Mendocino MTB Madness Aug 28-31

NorCal CX and USCX West Coast Championship Series TBA

#44 ·
Stafford Lake Stampede June 14 & 15 (4hr MTB & Trail Run)

Mendocino 100 & 100k MTB July 5 :thumbsup:
Stafford Stampede sounds interesting if I can ride for 4 hours and not run. I don't know that July 5th is a great day for the Mendo race. That means I need to behave and drive up on the 4th. I suppose the benefit is most people don't have to take a day off work.

#45 ·
I think there are plans for some sort of recreational activities on the 4th. I know Point Arena has a great 4th show, and I hear that Fort Bragg does some stuff too. I am pretty positive that there will be camping too. I know I felt that doing the 100-miler and then jumping in a car to drive home so I could work the next day wasn't ideal. I'd much rather stay the night and do recover the next day by retracing some of the highlight trails. Plus, that means I can drink beer after the race!

The deal (as I understand it) with Stafford is a mtb race on saturday and a trail run on sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.