mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Lumbar kinesio tape

Has anybody used kinesio tape on the lower back? On longer rides with a lot of climbing I develop low back discomfort and fatigue. Working of core strength and wondering about kinesio tape. I noticed some of the pro road bike guys are using it on the lumbar and mid back.

meow
    I have a degenerated l-spine disk that can cause some lower back pain and have used kinesio tape with good results. It acts as a support and I've ridden my last two centuries stronger with it. Put four strips on asterisk style and ride happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    it adds a little support and proprioception to muscles. Check out this link, the tape isn't that bad, Low Back | KT TAPE your skin needs to be oil free to stick well, stretch your glutes to reduce demand of back or consult a physical therapist for other strategies.

i saw the tape at sports authority..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Kinesiotape

Kinesiotape is just great. Im a fysiotherapist for soccer players and it works perfect for them. But it only work if you are using it right. You can search for kinesiotape on youtube and find lots of quality tutorial videos.
    Best,
    Ragna Svensson, kinesiotape expert

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Lumbar kinesio tape

I have heard a lot of good comments about kinesiotape and they say that it is really effective. I have seen it also from bikers.

They call me Shoogs
    I'm a fan of the Spidertech brand, super easy directions to follow in precut sections should your SO be applying.

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy