mtbr member
    May 2006

Long shot... Falcon 24 Manitoba

Anyone know if this event is on for next summer? Has anyone ridden it?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I'd never heard of it until you posted it up. Gotta love that entry price.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm just tired of massive entry fees that include a couple of goo shots and a tee shirt. After spending several thousand with a certain promotion company I'm over it. Loyalty means nothing to some people I guess...
    I just wish it was a little closer!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I believe that it will be on again in 2012 (mid to late July). I know of a few who have entered in the last few years and really enjoyed it. I plan on entering in 2012.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I believe that it will be on again in 2012 (mid to late July). I know of a few who have entered in the last few years and really enjoyed it. I plan on entering in 2012.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yahsper View Post
    I'm just tired of massive entry fees that include a couple of goo shots and a tee shirt. After spending several thousand with a certain promotion company I'm over it. Loyalty means nothing to some people I guess...
    I just wish it was a little closer!
    Yup, I've spent a small fortune in 24hr fees myself. This year I'll complete my 20th 24hr Solo and as you know the event fees are only a part of the overall 24 race budget. I'd be a big fan if an organization had a 'race in three, get the fourth one free' or something similar.

Nowadays I try to find a good balance between the grassroots groovy-vibe events and the stacked field hammerfest events. The Manitoba event looks like it would be fun but it conflicts with some key summer races.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Yes, this race is apparently on again, I'll get one of the organizers to chime in here. It is Canadian Shield riding, lots of granite & roots, good technical course, but not crazy, fairly long fire road climb in the past. Really layed back friendly vibe. It is also at Falcon lake, so swimming is an option, last year's 24 hr winner apparently took a dip to cool down between each lap.

mtbr member
    I participated in last years 8 hour 2 man team portion of the race. It was excellent! The couse layout was exceptioanal and like stated above there is a beutiful lake right at the resort that one can use at anytime. The event is extremely well organized and there was even FREE beer and hotdogs for any of the competitors after the 8 hour event wrapped up. Next year will be the third year this race has been around and i expect it will be better than ever.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Free beer for the 8 hour?! Better have a few cold ones on hand for the 24 finishers. Sounds like a cool event if it was only 8 hours closer.