Dreaming of single-track.

Knickerbocker 50 / 8-hour

October 16th! Anyone in? I'm doing the 8-hour!

http://www.globalbiorhythmevents.com...0-mile-8-hour/
    Michael.
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Is this still happening? Planning on the 8 hour if so.

I paid for it two days ago! It better happen.
    Michael.
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I did the 50 miler last year, my 1st endurance race, it was a lot of fun and I survived. Can't make it this year though

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Possible location change for Knickerbocker

I understand that there is a location change possibly in the works for this event. Instead of on the Olmstead loop, the race would occur at the Sugar Pine Reservoir OHV area above Foresthill. Actually a very cool setting if it works out. Some of the course would include Trails 1 and 2 which are swoopy fun ST.

Stay tuned for updates.
    Happy new year..Stuff $: Eno 29wheel (non disc), Yakima, 2 steelheads, with towers for Volvo luggage rails.

mtbr member
    I signed up so hope it happens. Either place would be cool. Did the race last year and had a lot of fun. Much more low key than the Coolest 8/24.

If this gets canceled, the pressure will be on to register for the Tahoe Sierra 100.

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger___
    I understand that there is a location change possibly in the works for this event. Instead of on the Olmstead loop, the race would occur at the Sugar Pine Reservoir OHV area above Foresthill. Actually a very cool setting if it works out. Some of the course would include Trails 1 and 2 which are swoopy fun ST.

Stay tuned for updates.
    Roger, do you know if the Sugarpine 50 & 8 Hour Ultra Race October 30 Foresthill, CA is still planned?

Or is the Tahoe Sierra 100 the last of th series?
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtbr member

From the Man Himself

For some unknow reason I have gotten a few e-mails that the KnickerBocker 50& 8hr race is not happening. WRONG!! Most likely bad information MTBR.
    The race is on. We have been looking at another area for the event that is all single track. Either way the race is on. I will let ever one know if the other permit is ready in time.. If so we will move the event to Sugar Pine OHV area by Foresthill. It's only about 1/2 hr outside of Auburn in Foresthill,Ca.
    Trails 1 & 2 are all single track and in it's the trees. about 900 ft of climbing per lap.
    Just a bit of dust but any more than the dusty Cool Olmstead loop in October. Cooler temps out there.
    See ya there!!
    Last edited by EBrider; 08-25-2010 at 12:28 PM.

my body breaks the falls
    I'm in for the 50, although it was a tossup for me. I suspect it might have been a shorter race if I had opted for the 8 hours
    $500 million for more irresponsible EBRPD land management? No thanks.
    www.noonmeasureww.org

Confirmed with Jimmy that the race is on - he sent an email that is definitely being moved. It'll be at Sugar Pine OHV area by Foresthill.
    Michael.
    Instagram

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The Knickerbocker 50 & 8hr race is indeed on!

An event permit for the Knickerbocker in Cool (on the Olmstead) has been issued. So it's happening no matter what, although the coordinators are still looking at another location to move the event to: the Sugar Pine OHV area. That course is awesome, with 98% singletrack winding through forest the whole time. A permit application has been filed with the USFS, but only time will tell if it gets approved.

For now the race is planned for Cool, but that could change in the weeks to come; y'all will remain in the loop - or check out the Global Biorhythms website to keep abreast with updates and changes.

Members who have read this thread: 0