mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Hurkey Creek Spring Shootout

Didn't see anyone else posting about the 24hours of Adrenalin event that took place last week.

That has got to be one of the funnest 10 mile loops I've done in a long time - first race for me and the rest of the team (5 man team) and we had a blast.

Just wanted to drop in and give props to the solo riders that were there as well as kudos to twent4sports for a fantastic event. I'm looking forward to the ride again in September.

Gonebiking
    Apr 2004

Hurkey Creek

The 24 hours of adrenalin last weekend at Hurkey creek was AWESOME. Great trail, awesome weather and another fabulous event put on by a fantastic crew at twenty4sports. This was our 3rd race( 5person team)with the twenty4sports crew but our first here at Hurkey. We had a blast!! Everything done so well by Stuart Dorland and his team. We are hoping to be back in september. How crowded does the trail get with so many more people on the course???? Anyone know??

Quote Originally Posted by Juliius
    Didn't see anyone else posting about the 24hours of Adrenalin event that took place last week.

That has got to be one of the funnest 10 mile loops I've done in a long time - first race for me and the rest of the team (5 man team) and we had a blast.

Just wanted to drop in and give props to the solo riders that were there as well as kudos to twent4sports for a fantastic event. I'm looking forward to the ride again in September.

Team BikeWood

Hurkey Creek is a great course!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie
    The 24 hours of adrenalin last weekend at Hurkey creek was AWESOME. Great trail, awesome weather and another fabulous event put on by a fantastic crew at twenty4sports. This was our 3rd race( 5person team)with the twenty4sports crew but our first here at Hurkey. We had a blast!! Everything done so well by Stuart Dorland and his team. We are hoping to be back in september. How crowded does the trail get with so many more people on the course???? Anyone know??
    Hurkey is a great place for a 24 hr. race. The september race is a much bigger event. The race last weekend had just over 300 riders while the sept. race had ~1100 if I remember correctly. Even with that many riders it's usually not too bad after the first couple of laps. With only ~70 teams in last week's race the transition in the pit area was usually not very crowded and went smoothly. In sept you'll be jockeying with 50 other people to get the baton from your teammate in the transition area. As far as the course goes, the sept. race has the potential to be alot dustier. Trail conditions last weekend were some of the best I've seen there and I ride in Hurkey several times a year. Usually the creeks are dry in sept. also. There have been times in sept when the day laps are in the 90's and the night laps drop into the 30's and 40's. so be prepared for anything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job!

I raced last weekend too. It was awesome. Last year I did temecula but this was way better. the course was much more fun. twenty4sports seems to put more into the event where granny gear just puts on a race. I brought my family out and they all had a great time. The only thing I would like to see added would be an electronic timing system like granny gear has, but that would not be critical. I can't wait for Laguna.
    Turtle

mtbr member

fun fun fun

We also had a great time. We expected to do a little better but a few mechanical problems hurt. The trail was great and the camping sites were perfect. See you all in the fall.