mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Getting into a race?

I have two races that I want to get in to. Both have 4/1 entrance dates. One is Dakota five-O the other is Perrie's Hole. Anyway Dakota sold out in about 5 minutes last year... What is the best way to get into these races, be on line ready to go at midnight?... What do you guys do?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by OJack View Post
    I have two races that I want to get in to. Both have 4/1 entrance dates. One is Dakota five-O the other is Perrie's Hole. Anyway Dakota sold out in about 5 minutes last year... What is the best way to get into these races, be on line ready to go at midnight?... What do you guys do?
    If you really want to do the race, then yeah, you pretty much have to be ready to go, credit card in hand at the time reg. opens. Pay attention to time zones too. I know some folks for some races that have failed to notice the time zone of the race and messed up.

Also, not sure what reg. site these races are using, but some site allow you to create an account. Then all your info is stored and ready to go. Just log on before reg. opens and be ready. If not... just type fast!

If all that fails, stalk your local MTB forums, maybe you can buy a transfer from someone who needs to back out.

Good luck.
    Former XXC Mag publisher (re)turned amateur bike blogger at The Soiled Chamois.