Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gdr 2006

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    I've got David's cell number. I'm a bit afraid to post it publicly but if anyone else can help email chris@shiftedthinking.com and I'll give it to you.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    I left a voice message last night too. Pivvay, sent you an email this a.m.

dp

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I'd say get it to Kent or Mike. If you want to send it to mtbcast_at_gmail.com I can get it to them. I hope he gets the word!

BTW: We're three shows deep! I hope everyone is finding the podcast informative and entertaining.
    You can hit my Feedburner feed directly at: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MTBCast
    This will allow you to get the podcast files directly or put that in your favorite feed aggregator.
    _______
    JP
    MTBCast.com!

Really I am that slow

Thanks Guys!

Thanks for the offers of help. My head isn't in it after walking 35 miles next to a lake with not alot of water and getting borderline heatstroke. I am catching a bus from Polson Mt down to Massuola, mt.

Sun I have never been that angry and upset I have had a bicycle stolen before but never like this and so upset because all the planing I did and.....

Thanks guys for the support. I'll post more when I'm back in denver.
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's the hardest of luck. Hope eveything turn out OK eventually - bike and moodwise.

Ian

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Thanks for the offers of help. My head isn't in it after walking 35 miles next to a lake with not alot of water and getting borderline heatstroke. I am catching a bus from Polson Mt down to Massuola, mt.

Sun I have never been that angry and upset I have had a bicycle stolen before but never like this and so upset because all the planing I did and.....

We were pulling for you, Dave. Thanks for the great effort! I hope the guy who took it really busts his butt trying to ride a fixie!

Has anyone heard from Mike Gibney?
    _______
    JP
    MTBCast.com!

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot

Unbelievable. I can't even imagine how enraging and frustrating that must have been. So sorry.

Edit: I just looked at that part of the route on Google Earth ... you walked the entire length of Flathead Lake? Good God.
    Last edited by GlowBoy; 06-26-2006 at 05:10 PM.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

29er Pilot

Hardware Question

Mike:

Any Idea what there riding?

Im curious about the 26" to 29" ratio
    If Huffy made an airplane, would you fly in it?

mvi
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

PayPal Collection?

Can somebody set up some paypal assist for Dave?

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004

paypal!

Yes there is a fund going to help David! David's friend Scott Taylor at Salvagetti Bicycles is in charge and has already ordered lots of stuff out of his own pocket. If you can spare anything, even $5, and you would like to help out an awesome guy send a donation to Dave via paypal to

scott@salvagetti.com

As for the theif, my wife said it best when she hoped the first downhill on Dave's fixie threw the bastard off and made him regret what he's done. For those who believe in Karma, God, or anything else we can only believe they'll get what's deserved.
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivvay
    Yes there is a fund going to help David! David's friend Scott Taylor at Salvagetti Bicycles is in charge and has already ordered lots of stuff out of his own pocket. If you can spare anything, even $5, and you would like to help out an awesome guy send a donation to Dave via paypal to

scott@salvagetti.com

I believe Scott has already wired Dave money for bus fare etc. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Chris. I think it was spurred by your e-mail using Dave's pre GDR mail list(?)

dp

Done.

I am still so disappointed this could happen. Stay strong Dave and know that there are a bunch of us rooting for you. It may seem hollow to read now but if not this year, there is next year. I think the Turtle might even agree that perhaps your journey is just extended a little.

Either way it goes for ya, good luck and be well.

Ed E

mtbr member
    May 2005

scott@salvagetti.com

As for the theif, my wife said it best when she hoped the first downhill on Dave's fixie threw the bastard off and made him regret what he's done. For those who believe in Karma, God, or anything else we can only believe they'll get what's deserved.

Sweet! I'll give a shout out on tonight's show!
    _______
    JP
    MTBCast.com!

SS Clyde 29er

BIO-LUBE sends a 20 spot...

scott@salvagetti.com

Keep on rolling Brotha! I figured this would make a great first donation for my new biz, (BIO-LUBE featured in the upcoming editon of Dirt Rag Mag #122, page 63).

Dave your not alone in this, when summoned the Universe always responds. Peace.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Gdr 2007

Hey all,
    I am considering doing the GDR this year and wanted to ask a question. What kind of lights did people use in years past? Definitely needs replacable batteries, but looking for some good suggestions.
    Might as well introduce myself. My name is Jay and I am in my last year of school at Rutgers University in New Jersey. I got the idea to do the GDR and quickly told my friend Mike that he should do it with me (so now I can't wuss out).

Jay

Enduro Freak
    Hey Jay,
    I did the GDR last year (and am trying again this upcoming year with a LOT more base miles) with Petzl Myo Lite XP and it worked extremely well. 3 different light settings with wide beam and a direct beam option on each. It also has a "boost" mode so you can quickly look for something you might have dropped with an intense beam of light. I also kept 2 Cateye lights on my handlebars. One as a blinky-blinky and another model to use as a direct light right infront of me. The Petzl is great on batteries, I haven't had to replace them since doing the GDR and I've used it on many backpacking/camping trips since then! The high price (80 bucks) is well worth it.

On a personal note, I think you know my friend Josh who also went to Brandeis with me. He told me at one point that he had a friend at Rutgers thinking about doing the race. If you want any direct advice (or, especially on what not to do) shoot me an AIM at "sizlinseagulsoup" or facebook me.
    -Kevin "Monty" Montgomery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0