mtbr member
    Mar 2005

EZ pill dispenser to use during races?

Is there anything I can use one handed to get to endurolytes and all that crap quicky during races and only using one hand?

A tube with a flip top seems like it would be tops, but I am not sure if I have seen something like this...pill bottles have a top too easy to loose...

Coin Purse? suggestions welcome here

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Check these out from Hammer Nutrition. I'm sure you could find something similar from other sources as well. I use this for my endurolytes during the LumberJack 100 and long training rides. Pretty easy to grab with one hand, flip the top open, dump a few in your mouth, then close and stuff in your jersey pocket.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtb_Jay
    Check these out from Hammer Nutrition. I'm sure you could find something similar from other sources as well. I use this for my endurolytes during the LumberJack 100 and long training rides. Pretty easy to grab with one hand, flip the top open, dump a few in your mouth, then close and stuff in your jersey pocket.

+1.....they work great....are one hand-able, inexpensive and keep everything dry even in driving rain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    +2 for Hammer's pill container. They are super easy to use and only 50cents a piece. I keep them in my jersey and have no problem taking out as many as I need. Before I got this container I used a ziplock baggy and it was a pain in the butt!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I am ridic.

Candlestick Maker
    The SaltStick looks interesting and I have a friend that likes it for endurance rides. I haven't tried it personally.

http://www.saltstick.com/products/ssfull/ffeatures.htm
    baker

Too busy looking good
    I prefer the Hammer quick coin dispenser to the flip-top containers, they slide in and out of the jersey pocket a lot easier.

mtbr member
    I keep my E-caps in a small altoids tin and tuck it under the leg of my shorts. it holds about 20-24 caps so for really long events I keep a refill in my drop bags. I'm able to flip it open with one hand then just stick my tongue in there until two pills stick. works great.
    Vecsus

HTFU or STFU

What It Be ?
    Hammer pop tops here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Got these from REI, less than $1.

http://www.rei.com/product/605890

mtbr member
    May 2008
    IMHO, there isn't a good pill dispenser. This is why I stopped using Hammer products. I had 2 100 mile ultra runs in the rain and the pills started to dissolve in the Hammer pill container. It nearly ruined my race. Now I use an all liquid solution with Infinit Nutrition www.infinitnutrition.com.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmurv
    IMHO, there isn't a good pill dispenser. This is why I stopped using Hammer products. I had 2 100 mile ultra runs in the rain and the pills started to dissolve in the Hammer pill container. It nearly ruined my race. Now I use an all liquid solution with Infinit Nutrition www.infinitnutrition.com.
    FYI: I used my Hammer flip top dispenser in a solo 24 (See Coolest 24... 2009 where it rained about 2.5" over 20 hours of the race) without water intrusion. The race was complete muddy slop and water/mud intruded everywhere else but the dispenser. It sounds as though you simply don't like Hammer and that is ok...to each their own...

You down with entropy?
    Quote Originally Posted by 67fastback
    Got these from REI, less than $1.

http://www.rei.com/product/605890
    +1 to that for me. no issues with water intrusion with these for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    + 1 for both hammer containers. BTW they are all free when you buy their products, Just ask for them when you place your order and soon you will have a whole drawer of them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Saltstick makes an electrolyte capsule dispensers that fits multiple brands - I've had no experience with them as I use Hammer but thought I'd pass the info on in case someone wanted to try them out.

http://www.saltstick.com/products/ssfull/ffeatures.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Mini MM candy container. Identical to the "real" thing, but it comes filled with sugary goodness for the first round.

mtbr member
    am using empty Nuun. They work great, just make sure they stay low in your jersey.

mtbr member
    +1 for the Hammer pop top containers.

I used to use the "coin purse" version but it definitely is NOT water/sweat proof.

Love the idea of the mini M&M container! Might have to go buy a few!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    A NUNN container will work, though it's a 2 handed affair. The top/stopper is connectednto the barrel. The mini MM container is 1 piece. Not that using two hands is a deal breaker ...

mtbr member
    My dogs medicine came in a squeeze top container. It works great. it Looks like the hammer container.
    Ride it like you stole it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blooper
    My dogs medicine came in a squeeze top container. It works great. it Looks like the hammer container.

I love it.....cures parvo at the same time as preventing leg cramps....

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbne1
    I love it.....cures parvo at the same time as preventing leg cramps....
    What more could you want?
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.