Thread: Ergon Saddles

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Ergon Saddles

Anyone ever tried one? Thoughts/impressions appreciated. Looking for a comfortable seat for long days. Also wondering on how sizing goes. The 135 mm for the small seems very skinny.

Twin Six METAL Team
    I have one on the Air 9 RDO that I'm building. Looking forward to trying it out! It'll be a few weeks though. I went with the large.

Ergon Bike
    Check out this post on the SM3 saddle already going on MTBR. A lot of questions have been answered here.

Ergon SM3 saddle

Jeff K
    Ergon USA
    Last edited by ERGON; 12-24-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Grip it and rip it.
    I didn't even know Ergon made saddles! *Goes to search for them on google* .
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

Your Best Friend
    I just put the large SM3 Pro Carbon on my Giant Anthem Advanced 0. No real saddle time yet but I am looking forward to putting some serious miles on it. Set up was as easy as any other saddle and I put it just a hair "nose down" as per most recommendations. Of course I'll be adjusting it as needed. It came in at 206g and added 4oz overall to my bike. Worth it imo.

mtbr member
    I made the switch in October and have been really happy with it. The average ride length has probably been about 2.5hrs and the longest has been 8 on a SS. It comes as advertised: I don't feel the nose, the large size fits as well as the 143's I was using, easy to get behind on descents, and most importantly I haven't had saddle sores or anything go numb. I wish I had been running it on the 5 hour training ride I did on the road Saturday. Ill be buying one for the road bike soon.