mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Ergon GA1 or GE1 with bar ends?

Weight question I know, but I've got a couple sets of Ergon grips currently (GX2 and GR2) and while I love the bar ends and the feels of the grips, I can't seem to adjust the wing so that I don't get hand numbness on rides over 45 minutes or so.

This is despite a LOT of tweaking and even trying different gloves.

So, I was thinking of picking up a set of the slimmer, more round, GA1 grips.

My question is, can I slide off the grip locking end and put the bar end from a Gx2 or GR2 on there in it's place? The grips are only $30, so i guess it wouldn't cost me too much to find out.

I found a post where someone was claiming to use a GR2 bar end on a GE1 grip, so perhaps it is possible.

Thanks!

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab
    My question is, can I slide off the grip locking end and put the bar end from a Gx2 or GR2 on there in it's place? The grips are only $30, so i guess it wouldn't cost me too much to find out.
    Only the current GX3 barend will work with the GA1. The other barends, pre-2010 GC2, GX2, and GR2 will only work with the GE1

GX3 barend can only be purchased here: https://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/sho...ry/spare-parts

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the info Jeff! I was hoping one of the older bar ends woudl work with the newer GA1, as I like that grip shape better.... but the GE1 isn't bad either. Should be a fun experiment at least

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi,
    Three years after, which are the Ergon barends we can put on GA1? GP2 barends are compatible? GS2?
    Thanks in advance. I really want to put bar ends with GA1!

Ergon Bike
    All GA1 models 2010 and older work with all current barend models found on our grips. The GA1 Evo (2011-current) will NOT work with any of our barends.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thank you for this "quicker is not possible" official answer

But it's a bad news, I own the GA1 Evo for XC racing. I just can dream of a GA1 Evo with barends. It would be great.