TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Good job! Enduro happy grip

Just got back from the QBP Frostbike dealer show. Came across a product that they will be carrying for 2005. It's the Ergon grip. It's looks way funny, but just you wait till you get it in your hand. The rep said that they a ton of people demo-ing these grips at Trans-Alps last year and had high praise. They are available in a normal grip and a bar-end version. I hope to get a couple sets of these and give them some thrash'n to see how they are. I still can't get over how well they fit the hand....like butta! Sorry, no company website for them, but if you do a search thru google there are a few mail order shops stocking them.

ERGON GRIP

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I have seen those and the bar end version (looks like a cane handle). Sort of like a grip that was very popular around here in the late '80s-early '90s. They support the heel of your palm to keep your wrist at the proper angle.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Preemptive Revenger

specialized..

specialized came out with a baby version of these in 2004...I like'em and I think they were a step in the right direction, these might be the full monty...
    Friends don't let friends give their money to NORBA.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Hup, Hup

oh yea

These grips will do the business folks. Definately need some of these for Trans-Iowa.
    '06 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Cross
    '08 Cannondale Scalpel Team
    '07 Cannondale SystemSix Team

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Anybody have a picture of these things mounted on a pair of riserbars?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    Just got back from the QBP Frostbike dealer show. Came across a product that they will be carrying for 2005. It's the Ergon grip. It's looks way funny, but just you wait till you get it in your hand. The rep said that they a ton of people demo-ing these grips at Trans-Alps last year and had high praise. They are available in a normal grip and a bar-end version. I hope to get a couple sets of these and give them some thrash'n to see how they are. I still can't get over how well they fit the hand....like butta! Sorry, no company website for them, but if you do a search thru google there are a few mail order shops stocking them.

ERGON GRIP

Trail rider and racer
    Weight? They look heavy.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Weight? They look heavy.
    I picked up a pair at the shop (with the bar-end) and they are heavier than I'd hoped for. I still plan on giving them a whirl.

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishtoes2000
    I picked up a pair at the shop (with the bar-end) and they are heavier than I'd hoped for. I still plan on giving them a whirl.
    If they were within reason, I'd give em a go just to see what they are like.

I think the best thing is good old Foam grips. Nothing seems to beat them for comfort, over short or really long rides. Oury's in contrast absolutely kill my hands.
    Trev!

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

way heavier.

The pair with the bar-end option is a lot heavier. Plus they don't seem to fit all that well. The regular pair is about the weight of a pair of lock-on grips...maybe a bit lighter.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The pair with the bar-end option is a lot heavier. Plus they don't seem to fit all that well.
    Which fit? The handlebar or the hands?

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Which fit? The handlebar or the hands?
    My hand...sorry for the mix up.

Only dead people are old
    Those are cool and I'd like to see some - like feel them. FYI - Bontrager has something similar out for quite a while, but not exactly the same it appears- check them out (http://www.bontrager.com/Mountain/Co...Grips/7106.php)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm how far behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    Oury's in contrast absolutely kill my hands.
    I've found that Ourys are better for my hands. After a 24 I usually can't feel the tips of my ring finger or my pinky for a few weeks. With the Ouras I can feel them in less than a week. This year I'm trying a combo of Ourys and H- bars- with that many hand choices and the squishy ourys I hope to have signifigantly less carpal tunnel issues post race.

Jim
    Fatter than most.