Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Endurance bike SC blur xc or Sc blur Trail

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  itchyjesus 
#1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering which bike the majority of you would pick as an endurance rider/racer. Keep in mind the weight difference is only 4.1 vs 4.9 for the carbon frames, and what I am looking at is the fact that the blur trail is slightly more upright geometry, not as bent over, wihch may make it better for long rides?

Obviously if we are talking about regular x country racing we would want the blur xc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

People posting other random bikes as their suggestion is fine as long as its not a 29er:thumbsup: (I am 5'5" and short inseam).

#3 ·
i run a BlurXCc and it is pretty great. depends what kind of courses you are talking about. where I am we have looooong climbs like hours long. and for that the shorter travel wins out. if it was flatter and more rough I may go for the extra travel. btw, I run a 5" fork on mine. the XC sizes run a 1/2" longer top tube than the LT. so you can match the fit with a shorter or longer stem depending. it is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden, and I agree with AZ above. fit better be perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.