mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Cohutta or Warrior Creek

I'm worried about finances and not sure if I can pull off both trips in April. If you had to choose between the Big Frog 65 or 6 hours of Warrior Creek, which would you do?

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rvesper View Post
    I'm worried about finances and not sure if I can pull off both trips in April. If you had to choose between the Big Frog 65 or 6 hours of Warrior Creek, which would you do?
    Two very different experiences on the bike. The decision is between a backcountry endurance race with a 50/50 mix of gravel roads and trail VS six hours of laps on one of the funnest courses around.

I have never skipped the 6WC if that is any help, but I may do the Big Frog as well as 6WC next year.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    WC fer sure

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Go for Cohutta....even with a little bit of gravel in between, the trails are alot more fun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks folks. I have decided to suck it up and do them both. Registered for WC just now. Will register for Cohutta in 2 weeks, as long as it doesn't sell out in that time.

Fingers crossed for gas prices in April.

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rvesper View Post
    Thanks folks. I have decided to suck it up and do them both. Registered for WC just now. Will register for Cohutta in 2 weeks, as long as it doesn't sell out in that time.

Fingers crossed for gas prices in April.
    Good call. I plan on hitting WC every year. I just love ripping around the trails in N Wilkesboro too much. As far as Cohutta goes, the Big Frog probably does a much better job mixing up the gravel to trail ratio in comparison to the hundred (I've done that twice, meh). I prefer back country racing over lap style in general, but WC is a huge exception to the rule.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.