Grip it and rip it.

Assigning pit crew jobs! First 24 solo.

Hi, iv'e managed to find a pit crew for my first 24 hour solo. They are two of my mates who are also mountain bikers, so i think i'm lucky there . I can't really think of much for them to do apart from fill my bottles, and possibley clean my bike during laps if i get a second one built up in time... and its muddy.

What do you get your pit crew to do??

Thanks.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

michaelmblog.wordpress.com

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    With 2 supporters I would have one look after the mechanical stuff; bikes, lights, battery recharging. The other would look after the "soft goods"; lap splits, clothing, fluids and nutrition.

Both might be needed for the 3am pep talk ;-)

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    #1 job for a pitcrew in my opinion = keeping you positive!
    Some people just have the right attitude all the time and could do an event totally self-supported, but me... I need someone to set me straight when I start complaining. It makes a world of difference in any situation.

Best of luck in your first 24 Solo!
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I had the privilege to do support for a friend that rode a 24 hour race in August. I was one of 4 guys in the pit. We had a great system of who managed what. Each of us took care of specific duties but knew what had to be done by all. The key for us was to have everything ready on the riders arrival so that we could get him back out quickly. The track was dry and dusty so we took time to kinda sponge bathe his arms and legs as well as his face while he was eating, having his lubrications done and water was changed out. We all communicated with him in the same way, with the same focus and he went on to win, You can never be to prepared! Have Fun!

Members who have read this thread: 0