mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Anyone here use NuuN?

sorry duplicate

mtbr member
    I use them in my water pack. No sticky mess and I drink more often due to good tasting water. They can make bad tasting water more tolerable too. The cola and banana flavors are my favorite. I usually only use them for long rides or races. Too expensive to me to use all the time.

LCW
    mtbr member
    I've used it on really long rides... like 50 milers... seemed to really help keep a more even level of energy...
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    love it for going epic!
    [SIZE="3"]THOSE WHO ARE AWAKE LIVE IN A STATE OF CONSTANT AMAZEMENT[/SIZE]

A guy on a bike Moderator
    I've been using it on long rides for about a year now. It seems to leave me feeling a little perkier and less dehydrated. Could be placebo effect for all I know, but I keep buying it...

mtbr member
    It's good for hangovers too!

Fat-tired Roadie
    I get it in swag bags from time to time.

I like it so much I give it all away. And then there's none for me. That's how much I like it.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Team Livemedium
    Nuun addict here. I put one in my bottle on bike, and keep my camelbak pure water. Love the stuff. Never get cramps. I usually drink water along the route and down half the bottle at mid ride and the other half back at the car. Like Gatorade without all the sugar. For endurance events I consume nuun water at about a 1 to 4 ratio with pure water. Electrolytes, it's what plants crave! Tastes great too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've been using nuun for a few years now from 3-4 hour xc races up to 100 mile events, most of my training rides and it's great for touring a bikepacking. It's convenient, easy to mix up on the trail as it just dissolves like an alka seltzer and the little containers are great for keeping extra thermolytes or whatever else in.

It's all electrolyte and no sugar which make it easy to keep track of (quantifiable) and the variety of flavours all work for me. They're my favourite without a doubt and yes, as Bub points out great for hangovers!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I only use it during exceptionally hot weather, but yeah, it helps. It does encourage me to drink more. I've always used banana, but I bought some cola the other day. I'll give that a go and see how it is.

Nuun is really easy to use, i just drop two in my camelbak and it does the rest.

mtbr member
    Nuun isn't bad, very tasty and sure beats drinking plain water (especially luke warm water). However, at least for me, there isn't enough "stuff" in there to really help all that much. The electrolyte content is actually pretty thin unless you really dose it pretty high and then it doesn't taste all that good anymore. I've been using First Endurance EFS with some great results. Has a pretty good electrolyte component and calories to keep your energy level fairly balanced; supplement with your favorite gels and you'll be good to go. Worked great for my 335 mile Pinhoti Trail speed-hike last summer (my main calorie/electrolyte source) and now I'm sold! But to each their own. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    sitting here recovering from stage 2 of the Trans-Sylvania epic...still slogging up the learning curve with each endurance race/ride...96 degree heat in the heart of the nittany mountains had me near the bonk state at mile 20 or so...cytomax wasn't doing the job and i ran out of water. no fault there quite but mine. made it finally to the 28 mile recovery station, was close to DNFing for the day...chugged water then decided to take a bottle of ready to go nuun they had in cool blue nuun bottles...sure i fueled up on orange slices, pb&j...but as i headed out to finish the final 15.5, 70 oz. of water on my back, i started sipping on the nuun...i was afraid i'd quickly fall back into the bonk zone, but the nuun worked...i could TELL...maybe the 'thin" electrolyte content is just right for these conditions. all i know is it beat all other similar products i've tried. at the last quick rest stop, i nabbed another bottle and thoroughly ENJOYED the remainder of this brutal rock garden fest.

NUUN WORKS!
    Last edited by UBUgoat; 05-31-2011 at 05:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Big fan of NUUN. Works great by itself for hydration/eletrolytes in normal temps, and for warmer endurance rides/races I supplement with S-caps. Love the lemon-lime and banana flavors.

mtbr member
    any big difference between nuun and endurolytes? i think next xc race, i'm doing nuun instead of just water in my small camelbak.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by UBUgoat View Post
    any big difference between nuun and endurolytes? i think next xc race, i'm doing nuun instead of just water in my small camelbak.
    I use both at the same time. They're pretty much the same thing though.

On longer rides and in the heat, i feel like I can choke down more electrolytes this way.

Does anybody else get heartburn if they take too many endurolytes without watering it all down?

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I prefer lemon lime camelbak elixirs more. to me = better taste. nuun tastes like a stale drink for some reason..

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I use Nuun all the time in my pack's bladder. All above is true: easy to carry around, tastes good, masks bad taste in water (like when using Iodine water purification tablets during very long rides where I can't take the extra weight of a filter).
    I never really figure out the right dosage per hour of drinking fluid - too much will never hurt anyway.
    I'm using in complement to a Hamer's Perpetuem on very long adventure races (12 to 24 hours).
    There are many pros for using Nuun tablets but it's expensive compare to generic salt tablets.