mtbr member

6 Hours of Warrior Creek

It's less than two weeks away...who's psyched!?!?!? It's been an amazing spring in NJ, I hope it's been just as good there and the course is in great shape.

mtbr member
    Let us just say that it is going to be incredible. Kudos to the Brushy Mountain Cycling Club for making it all happen.

The longer the ride - the better the pain

mtbr member
    Awesome! That's what I want to hear. I did this race in 2010 and had a blast and I'm looking forward to this year. I've been craving more of that burmy goodness ;-) Anyone camping down there? I reserved a site at the Bandit's Roost campground and am hoping I can just ride over to the start if that's not too much of a hike.

Category Winner
    Definitely looking forward to my fourth go-around at Warrior Creek. Hoping for dry weather and fast trails.

It shouldn't be too bad of a ride over from Bandit's Roost... depending on how much stuff you want to have in your pit.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

LightJunction.com
    This will be my first year out there at Warrior Creek, but I'm stoked. These guys always put on great events.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Yes BERM is the word for the 6 Hours of WC.
    You are looking at a three mile ride going from Bandit's Roost Campground to the Warrior Creek venue but like stated above by riding your bike pit options could be affected. I wish I was good like that, so good that I would not even need a pit
    As usual, the campground should be already be sold out if not it will be. Everybody rates campgrounds differently but one thing is for sure: their hot showers are really hot

mtbr member
    Race day is looking awesome but I see showers in the days prior. Does Warrior Creek drain well?

mtbr member
    You may want to inquire about that in the NC forum for a trail side report, but my experience has been that Warrior Creek tends to stay, how should we say.... squishy after rain. All those dips tend to hold moisture afterwards yet overall it does drain to a degree. I usually don't go there until I feel it has dried out a bit.
    Since its inception the 6 Hours of WC has a knack for sometimes being a bit moist on event morning but after a lap or two it tends dries up .

LightJunction.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycling_Chick View Post
    squishy after rain.
    Well said. Two laps around that course and my bike looked like I'd ridden through a Jif peanut butter factory.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Did this event in 2009, and I think 'FUNFUNFUN" is a fair assessment.

mtbr member
    Wow was that a fun event! That course was just as fun as I'd remembered from 2010 and a little less painful(as I'm in better shape now). My race went well except for shoulder checking a tree, losing a water bottle, and having my front wheel come loose(almost falling out of the drops)twice. I had a solid start. Stayed pretty strong throughout but know the missing bottle during lap 3 hurt the following laps since I got to the pit and chugged whatever water I could get down quickly. Finished 6th in the open men in a strong field. Everyone was flying!!! It was good to see those familiar faces out there. Hopefully I'll see some of you out at Cohutta in a couple of weeks.

mtbr member
    Thanks BMCC for putting on a terrific event!
    I couldn't agree more! Great time by all! The trail was super primo, the atmosphere nice, and great organization made for a stellar time. Not to brag, but our team provided a super pit (cause after all its all about the pit right?) and tremendous support in my second solo attempt.
    Other than my chain breaking sorrow on the beginning of the first lap, yes that was me tweaking out on the side of the trail WAITING for the LONG line of riders to pass so I could retrieve the chain from the trail, it was GREAT. Besides five laps is not to bad for a has been......
    Last edited by Cycling_Chick; 04-16-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

endorphin junkie

6WC Lap 1 video

Awesome race! My thanks not only to the race organizers but the folks who built and maintain the WC trails. I believe somebody else said "funfunfun" to describe it and I agree. Despite racing hard for nearly 7 hours, I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time ('cept in the last 2.5 miles when I had a pivot bolt come loose and lost 5-10 minutes).

I rode the first lap with a GoPro Hero 2 on a chest mount. Put together the following video.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
    T.S. Eliot

addict
    Apr 2004

Nice video!

that looks like some flowy bermie goodness.
    later, j
    I am thread-killer. I post, your thread die. ha ha ha

mtbr member
    Great trails, Great peeps.... That is why it sells out so quick each year. Wouldn't miss it fer nuthin
    "To finish first, you must first finish"

mtbr member
    I agree. Even better for my 2nd race there. I'd sign up now if registration was open already for 2013.