mtbr member
    Feb 2011

40 In The Fort XC Race - June 29th (Fort Collins, CO)

The 3rd annual "40 in the Fort" Endurance Mountain Bike Race will be held on June 29, 2013. Come experience Front Range's toughest mountain bike race and brand new course for 2013. And come with your lungs, legs, and brakes checked. This 40-mile course has 9,000 vertical feet of climbing and 85% single-track and filled with fast switchback descents. Experience Bacon Hill and see why it’s ‘the place to stop and wonder just why you’re doing this to yourself’. Once again we will be holding the regular two lap 40 mile race as well as the Just for Fun team race for friends to compete as teams.

Register here
    2013 "40 in the Fort" - Annual Endurance Mountain Bike Race | Overland Mountain Bike Club

The race benefits Overland Mountain Bike Club, the premier mountain bike advocacy organization for Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming.

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    I signed up for this. I moved to Boulder in 2011, but was unable to ride last year due to injury. I absolulety love the technical parts of Devil's backbone, but i haven't ventured into Horsetooth yet. It sounds very steep and challenging, i'm going to start training after the Growler.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    The Overland MTB club has course description and map. We have a new course for 2013 and it flows extremely well. I rode the course a few days ago and it's riding great. Here's more info 2013 "40 in the Fort" - Annual Endurance Mountain Bike Race | Overland Mountain Bike Club. Let me know if you have questions.

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    Ok, i'm planning on riding 1 lap, 1.5 laps, 2 laps during the first three weekends in june to prepare. I rode the Whiskey 25 proof and I am doing the Half Growler this weekend, although if the course really has 9k of climbing, then it's steeper than both of those races. I tend to do better relative to my peers the steeper/rockier the course, so i'm excited, but it still sounds tough.