Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2016 Mohican 100

4K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  OHtard 
#1 ·
Who's in from MTBR?

I rode the 100k at Mohican last year... and several more 100k and 70+ mile events. This is my first true MTB 100 miler. Can't wait!

:D
_Matt

#9 ·
I'm in for the 100k. Dropped at the 2nd aid station 3 years ago and thought I was too old for the distance. Turning 55 the day before this year and figured I can't go out on a loss! Training is going good and have two rides in at Mohican which never happens for me. Hopefully get a ride in up there this weekend to dial in my new Fuel Ex 9.8.

It will be a tough long day. But it's a well ran race and my favorite spot in Ohio!

Good luck to all!

#24 ·
Nice!
Congrats!

I was really sick all week, so I dropped down to the 100K.

Finished in 7:31:14, which happens to be 1h 34m faster than year. So, though I still have growler envy, I'm very satisfied with the result.

Great event; great time; will be back next year!
_Matt

#32 ·
100K. Beat last year by 45 min. I crossed the line in 7:12. My goal was sub-7, so I juuust missed it. Cramp tinges kept me off of the power during the last 6ish miles of singletrack.
Trails were really great this year. Volunteers were awesome as usual.

I will say one thing tho, not happy that my entry didn't buy me dinner as they have always done in the past. I didn't even find out until I waited in line for a while. :madmax:

#34 ·
Yes, the trails in the State Forest where perfect! The trails right before the third aid station where not as fun....did a nice endo over one of the downhill bolder sections...ha. I walked a lot of the trail there. Maybe if I was younger....
I thought the drive thru aid station was cool. That had changed since the last time I did this. I also liked the longer road section to thin out the herd before hitting the single track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.