Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2007 KTR Update

27K views 177 replies 50 participants last post by  vzman 
#1 ·
Here's the update: there ain't gonna be one.

To all those that have called, emailed, and PM'ed me about this: Please, stop. I'm truly glad that the race captured your imagination and made you suffer and see god and all that. It was a great race. But my involvement in it has come to an end.

No amount of pleas, offers to build a website, offers to have your SO police the course, offers to register a domain name, offers to provide coffee and donuts at the start, etc... will make any difference.

I enjoyed the race for the few years I ran it, but I'm now happily moving on to other things.

Here's an idea: if you want the race to happen, organize it. That's all it takes, mostly.

Cheers,

MC

#2 ·
mikesee said:
No amount of pleas, offers to build a website, offers to have your SO police the course, offers to register a domain name, offers to provide coffee and donuts at the start, etc... will make any difference.
How bout some Hookers and blow?

Just kidding, after reading the thread from last year I understand, but hopefully someone will pick it up again one day.

#5 ·
May 4th

Closest Friday to a full moon, full on May 2.

I'm not really looking to organize, but was curious about possible days.

I vote that those who want to race show up, someone says go we go.

Past threads should be more than enough information for anyone wanting to attempt. MC rules apply, enough said.

Sure this thing could be organized to death, but why? You cheat you suck. You want support, pay for a tour, you want to see what you are made of, show up ready to ride at midnight.

jim

#7 ·
May 4th is good

Soloracer said:
Closest Friday to a full moon, full on May 2.

I'm not really looking to organize, but was curious about possible days.

I vote that those who want to race show up, someone says go we go.

Past threads should be more than enough information for anyone wanting to attempt. MC rules apply, enough said.

Sure this thing could be organized to death, but why? You cheat you suck. You want support, pay for a tour, you want to see what you are made of, show up ready to ride at midnight.

jim
It's marked on my calendar:D , so barring the big unforeseen circumstances, hope to see you all there

#9 ·
Ok I admit it...

I'm the mega dork that snapped up the domain and volunteered to build the website. :rolleyes:

If you guys want to build a site for next years race, let me know and we can figure something out for hosting, etc. I think it would be great to have pics from the previous races.

Changing the subject slightly, if the race goes ahead should there be KTR police watching for people getting help on the down low?

Maybe we could post pictures afterwards with big red X's on the faces of the people who cheated...

#10 ·
bulletbob said:
I'm the mega dork that snapped up the domain and volunteered to build the website. :rolleyes:

If you guys want to build a site for next years race, let me know and we can figure something out for hosting, etc. I think it would be great to have pics from the previous races.

Changing the subject slightly, if the race goes ahead should there be KTR police watching for people getting help on the down low?

Maybe we could post pictures afterwards with big red X's on the faces of the people who cheated...
I have a few pics you are welcome to use. Another idea is just setting up a free blog ala the Trans Iowa....

#11 ·
bulletbob said:

F-em! If they want to cheat, let the karma police get them. If anyone finds out about cheating, any public humiliation is welcome in my book. I don't think we should police the course since that is anti everything these type of races are. It was kinda cool that this race got so big, but it also sucked big time.

#15 ·
racin

mn_ultra_guy said:
Thanks for the clarifcation. I am glad the GLR is on for 2007, but too bad about the KTR unless we hear something this winter.
KTR is on, just not with Mikesee AFAIK. May 4th. Be there or be square. I'm going by whatever is decided here.

I will be at GLR too. Woohoo!

#25 ·
butryon said:
what is the ktr record time? i am pondering this one. how much route finding is involvrd and is it obvious where you get water?
thanks,
ryon
KTR record was recently broken by Dave Harris. New record=12:41

Sometimes the route is easy to follow, other times it is tricky. Maps are invaluable, as well as just simply paying attention, and looking for the signage.

It is pretty apparent where to get water. Going to Westwater will take you off course a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.