pjrides
    Oct 2006

10th Annual Dakota Five-0 Race/Ride/Tour

If you are tired of high priced over rated big box races check out the Dakota Five-0. Ridge Riders of the Black Hills have been putting on mountain bike events since 1985. This year marks the 10th year of the Dakota Five-0. Putting the Labor Back In Labor Day Weekend Sept. 5 2010. Putting the grass back in Grass Roots. Low entrants fee, highly supported, loads of scenic singletrack, big lollipop loop... All in the Northern Black Hills of South Dakota, rated highly by IMBA. What else you need,, Great start finish area with camping, showers and a great park for the family. How about a Bacon Station, got it...
    Check it out.
    www.dakota5o.com
    Pedal Power
    PJewett
    Ridge Rider of the Black Hills
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.dakotafiveo.comPedal Metal!
    Perry Jewett
    Ridge Riders of the Black Hills

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I should be able to, I will be in RC. The only thing that will keep me from doing it is not being able to get day off of work

does this race sell out? Or will I be able to sign up right until the end of August?

thanks
    Last edited by mx_599; 03-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.

pjrides
    Oct 2006
    We capped this years event at 500 riders. Last year there was 398 riders and it has grown by 100 riders the previous two years. Good chance we will get 500 riders, not sure how long it will take to get that number registered. Good luck with the work thing, but if your in RC you should definitely try and do it. Ask around what other participants are saying, loads of good feedback.
    Perry Jewett

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I raced it last year for the first time, it was a great race, well organized looking forward to it again this year

mtbr member
    I've raced this twice. It remains my favorite race. Perry and Co really put together a great scene that is capped off with a meal and a great swag raffle. The course itself has a ton of singletrack and beautiful views. I especially like the welcoming atmosphere of the town and the camaraderie on the trail (e.g. the bacon and PBR station).

mtbr member
    I raced this race last year and was more than happy with how everything went. The race has got brutal climbing, long fast downhills, and real flowy segments. Super well supported including a pbr hand up in the middle of nowhere. I signed up in February this year for a race in September because it will always take precedence from now on.

pjrides
    Oct 2006

Five-0 Loves You

Thanks fella riders for the support. The 10th Annual Dakota Five-0 Race/Ride/Tour is set up to be another great one. The community of Spearfish is getting on board and adding their support to an already well supported event. Over $3000 in cash and more in prizes for the raffle. Pretty good for a $50 entrants fee. We will again this year be giving away two Garmin Edge 705's to the fastest man and women, in addition to equal cash for men and women. The Garmins are donated courtesy of Quarg Technologies a cycling company out of Spearfish.
    Some may not consider a 50 miler an endurance event but with 7000' feet of climbing and more singletrack than you can shake a fork at, the Five-0 makes for a good day in the saddle. We are putting in a new section of trail between miles 30-35 and it will be worth the extra work. It will be challenging fun singletrack with views. Plus you will not have to control your ride down the old Citadel Slide! If you are in Spearfish, SD this summer and want a preview of it just holler at the Ridge Riders via the website link. We will get you pointed in the right directions.
    New Trail, More Ale, No One Shoul Bail!
    Perry Jewett

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

great ride

I did it a few years ago. Lots of fun. Not sure I can talk the family into heading there again this year...maybe.