Iron Pony

WTB: need some info/advice.

with the holidays comming around i forsee a new rig in my near future.

i'm on a limited budget so my price range won't exceed anything past 1500 for a frame and fork. the newer model ellsworth frames such as the moment are well out of my reach so i've been checking out the aeon frames. one particular frame i have my eye on: 2004-2005 ellsworth joker.

i'm planning to transplant most of the components from my current hardtail rig and purchase the necessary extras i.e. hydraulic disc brakes, wheels.

i need to know how much should i expect to pay for the frame/fork combo. i know prices will vary depending on the fork so i'm mainly interested in just the price of the frame alone. eventually i will purchase the '08 fox 36 talas once i sell my current frame and my paintball gear as i am backing out of that sport.

it's also very difficult to find the joker frames, any help on sources/leads will be greatly appreciated. looking for a large frame, i'm 5'11, 160lbs...unless there are arguments for getting a medium? let me know. thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    I would try to get Yeti 575. Retail is $1599 and I'm sure you could get it for close to $1500. It 's superior to the frames you mentioned.

http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/Bikes575.cfm

*Edit* Oh, you need a fork too. Hmm, not sure what to tell you.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member

On Sale

Quote Originally Posted by rjcornelia
    with the holidays comming around i forsee a new rig in my near future.

i'm on a limited budget so my price range won't exceed anything past 1500 for a frame and fork. the newer model ellsworth frames such as the moment are well out of my reach so i've been checking out the aeon frames. one particular frame i have my eye on: 2004-2005 ellsworth joker.

i'm planning to transplant most of the components from my current hardtail rig and purchase the necessary extras i.e. hydraulic disc brakes, wheels.

i need to know how much should i expect to pay for the frame/fork combo. i know prices will vary depending on the fork so i'm mainly interested in just the price of the frame alone. eventually i will purchase the '08 fox 36 talas once i sell my current frame and my paintball gear as i am backing out of that sport.

it's also very difficult to find the joker frames, any help on sources/leads will be greatly appreciated. looking for a large frame, i'm 5'11, 160lbs...unless there are arguments for getting a medium? let me know. thank you in advance.
    The path is dealing on Ellsworth right now so don't give up on an Ellsworth until you check the prices.

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    I would try to get Yeti 575. Retail is $1599 and I'm sure you could get it for close to $1500. It 's superior to the frames you mentioned.

http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/Bikes575.cfm

*Edit* Oh, you need a fork too. Hmm, not sure what to tell you.
    If he wanted a Yeti don't you think he would have posted in the Yeti forum that he was looking for a Yeti?
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    If he wanted a Yeti don't you think he would have posted in the Yeti forum that he was looking for a Yeti?
    Sure but if he can get a new frame for the price of a used one why not mention it? Just because I own an Ellsworth doesn't suggest it's the only bike in the universe.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.