mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Would a 100mm fork work on an Epiphany ?

Cant afford to get the whole bike right now.
    Am thinking of getting a slightly used frame, maybe a demo
    from last year. Was thinking of just putting my 100mm Reba race on it, then upgrading later
    to the recommended size. Would this be ill advised ? Also, is the Id any different
    geometry wise from the Epiphany ? Was thinking maybe an 06 Id frame would be another
    option, if its not too different geo wise.
    If the only major difference is the mag rocker, then that wouldnt be too bad of a downgrade
    from the Epiphany, right ?

mtbr member
    I have a Pike 454 which I crank down to 110mm quite often when climbing and running tight single track.. I cannot imagine that 10MM would kill you and it the steerer is long enough you could cheat a bit buy adding a spacer or two until you can afford a new fork. I don't have first hand knowledge but I think there is quite a bit of difference between the Epi and the ID. I would go for the Epi if you can swing it......

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Last ID'S were 04-early 05's. A 100mm fork will work but if you have any long fast decents it won't be as stable as running a 130-140mm fork because of the short wheel base. In tighter twistier stuff the shorter wheelbase will work to your advantage.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!