Results 1 to 63 of 63
  1. #1
    TT.
    TT. is offline
    wheeler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495

    Bonking ... not feelin' well Where are the MOMENTS?????

    I thought we were going to see them around mid May
    well it's mid May now
    Season is officially open where are the damn frames
    I Ride, I Know

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    I thought we were going to see them around mid May
    well it's mid May now
    Season is officially open where are the damn frames


    Exactly where are they? im waiting on mine..
    Emailed them to no response off them..

  3. #3
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    They told me last week that it would be a few months when I asked about upgrading from my Truth.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    They told me last week that it would be a few months when I asked about upgrading from my Truth.

    a few months you are joking.
    That is not good news FFS!
    Why the delay..

  5. #5
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Blower
    a few months you are joking.
    That is not good news FFS!
    Why the delay..
    Sorry man, didn't ask. Maybe they were feeding me a line since it was a warranty deal or they are backed up getting the frames to guys that ordered in advance. Call em, better to know then going nuts wondering.

  6. #6
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,111
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    I thought we were going to see them around mid May
    well it's mid May now
    Season is officially open where are the damn frames
    Would that be a hint of a complaint Mr. hardcore, dedicated Ellsworth zombie??

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WrenchScience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38

    Soooooonnnnnn

    The first frames should be shipping this week or next to dealers. If your store didn't order early you might be waiting a bit longer.

  8. #8
    TT.
    TT. is offline
    wheeler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Would that be a hint of a complaint Mr. hardcore, dedicated Ellsworth zombie??

    well..... if they are not in stores by end of May, then HELL 'YA
    I know a lot of ppl are not riding 'til they build up their Moments, so that means ppl are not riding. PERIOD. That is not a good thing, sir. PPL need frames, to build bikes, so they can ride damnit
    I Ride, I Know

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.

    well..... if they are not in stores by end of May, then HELL 'YA
    I know a lot of ppl are not riding 'til they build up their Moments, so that means ppl are not riding. PERIOD. That is not a good thing, sir. PPL need frames, to build bikes, so they can ride damnit

    cant ride till i get mine..

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    H,mmm

    Buy a 5 Spot instead - at least it won't break

    LOL, if you are desperate for the best 6" bike in the world get a Whyte bike.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    Buy a 5 Spot instead - at least it won't break

    LOL, if you are desperate for the best 6" bike in the world get a Whyte bike.
    shite and ugly frame,the Whyte 46

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    How constructive

    Its hardily aesthetically pleasing, but I personally don't like Ellsworths with their quasi-gothic frames and the Moment with its big, low fat arse...

    The Whyte isn't ****. Theres a reason why it is only one of two companys that Paul Turner offered the Maverick for too OEM. It is the most capable 6" rig on the market. It's probably lighter and it's defintely stronger than the moment.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    Its hardily aesthetically pleasing, but I personally don't like Ellsworths with their quasi-gothic frames and the Moment with its big, low fat arse...

    The Whyte isn't ****. Theres a reason why it is only one of two companys that Paul Turner offered the Maverick for too OEM. It is the most capable 6" rig on the market. It's probably lighter and it's defintely stronger than the moment.
    Ok,
    but its the front shock that is the selling point for the bike,and not the frame.
    I thought about getting one but changed my mind.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    Your wrong.

    No, its the complete bike that is the selling point. Jon Whyte's QUAD TARA is the only 6" frame to be DIN tested (along with the Marin TARAs and Quad TARAs). Paul Turner gave him OEN for the maverick fork because it was the lightest, stiffest and strongers frame on the market. It is a 4 bar linkage without the horst link, it is in two words 'quite exceptional.' It has been given top marks by every magazine that reviews it and it's a best seller. Infact all Marins (that Jon Whyte designs) have been DIN tested and they hardly ever fail. Certainly a better track record than most 'prestige' builders.

    You obviously have not ridden the bike because you havnt once commented on the ride characteristics. All you have done is say it's ugly. I rode it, I chose a 5 Spot because I preferred the dealer the 5 Spot was sold from.

    I considered the Moment but I got my Spot before it was really available. If you havnt ridden the Whyte then don't be a tosser and say it's sh1te. All you do is offend anybody who bothered to click on the post with biased, non-fact-based opinion.

  15. #15
    TT.
    TT. is offline
    wheeler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495
    can't arguee with Mr. White's designs. They are the smit Not many dealer in Canada though, and if can get the frames, they want serious $$$$$$$. Personally I don't like the front fork limitations , unless there is a way around that.... I don't know much about the frames

    Trust me, we tried convincing my buddy on the 5Spot... no luck.... Either the Moment or nothing for him

    Have u looked at a Dare lately?????? she's far from pretty bud
    she's SOOOOOO ugly, she's pretty still my fav., though
    I Ride, I Know

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    No, its the complete bike that is the selling point. Jon Whyte's QUAD TARA is the only 6" frame to be DIN tested (along with the Marin TARAs and Quad TARAs). Paul Turner gave him OEN for the maverick fork because it was the lightest, stiffest and strongers frame on the market. It is a 4 bar linkage without the horst link, it is in two words 'quite exceptional.' It has been given top marks by every magazine that reviews it and it's a best seller. Infact all Marins (that Jon Whyte designs) have been DIN tested and they hardly ever fail. Certainly a better track record than most 'prestige' builders.

    You obviously have not ridden the bike because you havnt once commented on the ride characteristics. All you have done is say it's ugly. I rode it, I chose a 5 Spot because I preferred the dealer the 5 Spot was sold from.

    I considered the Moment but I got my Spot before it was really available. If you havnt ridden the Whyte then don't be a tosser and say it's sh1te. All you do is offend anybody who bothered to click on the post with biased, non-fact-based opinion.
    ooo temper tantrum..

    I like a bike that i can look at and admire the contours etc, and perform second to none.
    The whyte may perform excellent, i know ive spoke to a lot of people about it.And apparently the Moment admittedly out shone the whyte on performance on WMB (magazine) test but they gave it to Whyte just cos of the value overall.Now that is what i was told by a few people.They both scored 10 remember for perfomance.
    Y

    Turners i like too.

    You say( Moment with its low fat arse) what a load of shite.The rear end looks truly amazing and functional thru and thru.Its damn sexy aswell.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Yes i have looked at a dare and by god they look mean looking machines.I like the look of em...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    Whyte

    IIRC you can run any fork on the Whyte 46, although I would guess an SC fork would drop the front. Looks like forks are going to be longer anyway (Pike, Nixon...) so I wouldn't worry about it. The Whyte PRS4 has a stupid linkage fork that you can't swap out.

    As for me losing my temper - I really don't think it's worth it on a reactive guy in his late 20's who cannot even attempt to type, spell or puntuate correctly. Seriously, stick to your Moment - I don't care - but you cannot say a Whyte frame is shite like that.

    Your opinion does really count for very little so I'm not going to get OTT about this, but at the end of the day your post contributes nothing and you are quite simply incorrect.

    I'm not going to stoop so low as to flame the Moment before it is even in production since it has had amazing reviews (of pre-production frames) and it does look OK. I'm not sure it did out-perform the Whyte, the Moment actually works better for drops in its lower travel setting - go figure

    Only 4 suspension bikes in What MTB have gotten a 10 for performance - Turner 5 Spot, Santa Cruz V10, Whyte 46 and Ellsworth Moment. However, I might suggest that all the companies apart from Ellsworth have proven track records with harder hitting trail machines. A degree of uncertainty still hangs over the Moment and an uneventful year in the field will in my eye prove it to be truely top drawer.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    IIRC you can run any fork on the Whyte 46, although I would guess an SC fork would drop the front. Looks like forks are going to be longer anyway (Pike, Nixon...) so I wouldn't worry about it. The Whyte PRS4 has a stupid linkage fork that you can't swap out.

    As for me losing my temper - I really don't think it's worth it on a reactive guy in his late 20's who cannot even attempt to type, spell or puntuate correctly. Seriously, stick to your Moment - I don't care - but you cannot say a Whyte frame is shite like that.

    Your opinion does really count for very little so I'm not going to get OTT about this, but at the end of the day your post contributes nothing and you are quite simply incorrect.

    I'm not going to stoop so low as to flame the Moment before it is even in production since it has had amazing reviews (of pre-production frames) and it does look OK. I'm not sure it did out-perform the Whyte, the Moment actually works better for drops in its lower travel setting - go figure

    Only 4 suspension bikes in What MTB have gotten a 10 for performance - Turner 5 Spot, Santa Cruz V10, Whyte 46 and Ellsworth Moment. However, I might suggest that all the companies apart from Ellsworth have proven track records with harder hitting trail machines. A degree of uncertainty still hangs over the Moment and an uneventful year in the field will in my eye prove it to be truely top drawer.
    ooo Blippo now now, insults insults
    hehe,

    Yeah im 28 youngish ive been riding bikes since i was 5! not 2000 like you.
    I started MTBing in 1991 YES....before that i was a roadie as my dad brought me into the game at the age of 5yrs old.As he has been INIT all his life aswell.Not just a short time like you.

    TYPE) well fook me i cant spell so what.The way you word suggests that you are upperclass,posh,and look down on others lol.
    I am working class scum probably in your view.As im a Yorkshire lad who hardly went to school(maybe why i cant spell) lived in a underdwelling with thieves and drug dealers as
    my neighbours.

    You have stooped low as you quoted about the back end of the Moment..

    Do you work for Whyte?i can say what i like about it.

    I Blippo,,yes me love riding bikes always have.Im not one of these for big words like yourself im INIT for the love of bikes and to have my opinions if i want them.No doubt you will have a answer for everything ive said.

    Fancy a pint?????

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    sigh...

    My parents were born in Doncaster and I was born in Manchester. I speak correctly but I don't have a pretentious bone in my body, having parents from Yorkshire kinda guarantees that

    I said it was my personal opinion about the Moment. It is quasi-gothic and it has got a low and long behind that juts out rather like a bottom.

    All I suggest is that you actually put some fact into your posts and bring something to a post apart from crass language. You said the Whyte was sh1te and ugly. The first comment is simply not true, the second is opinion. I objected and you have made it into a personal grudge.

    At the end of the day I chose a 5 Spot over the Whyte - what does that tell you about my feelings for 4-bar linkage (horst link) trailbikes? I still however hold reservations about a chassis from a company reknowned for making frail bikes that will be objected to quite serious abuse before it has been put through a British winter or summer by a load of other riders.

  21. #21
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    not that you contributed

    anything constructive to this discussion either. just peraonal, subjective opinion...

    whether you like it or not, moment is a very desirable bike. you should be happy about it. you can always switch to moment sometime down the road...



    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    My parents were born in Doncaster and I was born in Manchester. I speak correctly but I don't have a pretentious bone in my body, having parents from Yorkshire kinda guarantees that

    I said it was my personal opinion about the Moment. It is quasi-gothic and it has got a low and long behind that juts out rather like a bottom.

    All I suggest is that you actually put some fact into your posts and bring something to a post apart from crass language. You said the Whyte was sh1te and ugly. The first comment is simply not true, the second is opinion. I objected and you have made it into a personal grudge.

    At the end of the day I chose a 5 Spot over the Whyte - what does that tell you about my feelings for 4-bar linkage (horst link) trailbikes? I still however hold reservations about a chassis from a company reknowned for making frail bikes that will be objected to quite serious abuse before it has been put through a British winter or summer by a load of other riders.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    On the contrary

    On the contrary, I proposed the Whyte bike as an option alongside the Moment and said why. Unfortunately it was lost in this protectionist drivel so typical of the Ellsworth forum.

    If you actually read the posts you would realise that I rejected the Moment on the grounds of personal aesthetics and its unproven track record. I rejected the Id because I did'nt like the geometry and I rejected the Truth because I wanted a beefier frame. I rejected the Heckler and the Whyte because they didn't give me as good a deal as the Turner dealer amd the 5 is just... It has a ride-feeling hard to quantify.

    Like it or not the Moment is a desirable bike - I know this. I personally am interested in seeing a Moment in the flesh and I'd quite like to take one for a spin. I'm interested to see if it fails or if people sell them after a year to try something new. I know it's desirable - but just because it's an Ellsworth doesnt mean it's completely immune to doubts or criticism, especially before a year in the field.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    73

    where are they?

    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    I thought we were going to see them around mid May
    well it's mid May now
    Season is officially open where are the damn frames

    they all probably had broken seat tubes straight from the painters!!!

  24. #24
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    still, this is my favorite forum.....
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    Its hardily aesthetically pleasing, but I personally don't like Ellsworths with their quasi-gothic frames and the Moment with its big, low fat arse...

    The Whyte isn't ****. Theres a reason why it is only one of two companys that Paul Turner offered the Maverick for too OEM. It is the most capable 6" rig on the market. It's probably lighter and it's defintely stronger than the moment.
    Just out of interest, how can you possibly know that the Whyte is stronger than the Moment. Have you ridden both and compared them. I didn't think anybody on this forum had ridden one yet as none of them have been delivered.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    IIRC you can run any fork on the Whyte 46, although I would guess an SC fork would drop the front. Looks like forks are going to be longer anyway (Pike, Nixon...) so I wouldn't worry about it. The Whyte PRS4 has a stupid linkage fork that you can't swap out.


    As for me losing my temper - I really don't think it's worth it on a reactive guy in his late 20's who cannot even attempt to type, spell or puntuate correctly. Seriously, stick to your Moment - I don't care - but you cannot say a Whyte frame is shite like that.

    Your opinion does really count for very little so I'm not going to get OTT about this, but at the end of the day your post contributes nothing and you are quite simply incorrect.

    I'm not going to stoop so low as to flame the Moment before it is even in production since it has had amazing reviews (of pre-production frames) and it does look OK. I'm not sure it did out-perform the Whyte, the Moment actually works better for drops in its lower travel setting - go figure

    Only 4 suspension bikes in What MTB have gotten a 10 for performance - Turner 5 Spot, Santa Cruz V10, Whyte 46 and Ellsworth Moment. However, I might suggest that all the companies apart from Ellsworth have proven track records with harder hitting trail machines. A degree of uncertainty still hangs over the Moment and an uneventful year in the field will in my eye prove it to be truely top drawer.

    Good points, but all your droning on about the moment and a year in the field you have forgotten one thing. The same thing applies to the Whyte 46 you numb nut!!! Surely a degree of uncertainty lies with the Whyte aswell at this stage?

    And before you start going on about the fact that Whytes have had harder hitting trail machines with proven track records so have Ellsworth with the ID.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    The Whyte

    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    Just out of interest, how can you possibly know that the Whyte is stronger than the Moment. Have you ridden both and compared them. I didn't think anybody on this forum had ridden one yet as none of them have been delivered.

    It is an informed guess.

    Marin/Whyte frames are all DIN tested in Germany. Weights are applied to the frame and the stresses are equivalent to 10 years of hard riding. All Marin/Whyte full sussers pass this test. The suspension actual design is laterally stiffer and the frame is designed to withstand the effects of dual crown forks.

    Ellsworth frames are not put under this test. Infact I am sure I read somewhere (What MTB) that the Moment isn't even warranteed for dualcrowns. I am sorry to say that Ellsworth's history of frame failure does not bode well as an indicator.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thegood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    119

    The pot calling the kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    All you do is offend anybody...with biased, non-fact-based opinion.
    Do you honestly believe that your posts are unbiased and fact-based? Let's have a look.

    Actually, I think its safe to say that more people are buying Turners than Ellsworths now.
    Oh, you must be privvy to sales information from two privately-held companies.

    ...our forum isn't boring and people havnt left because we ignore them.
    Can you please tell me where the boring meter is on the MTBR website?

    ...we Turner owners drop in on your forum because its a total train wreck...
    You failed to notice that there are, in fact, numerous posts that are not about broken frames. In fact, the number of threads related to good experiences far outweighs the number of threads relating to broken frames.

    You should take a good look at yourself before you critcize others. Judging by this limited sample of your posts, one might see you as a hippocrite.

    MTBR is a great place to share experiences, both good ones and bad ones. There are some riders who feel the need to have a schoolyard brawl (of the written sort) about their bikes. But in the end, these riders are passionate about their bikes and the sport we all love.

  29. #29
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    It is an informed guess.

    Marin/Whyte frames are all DIN tested in Germany. Weights are applied to the frame and the stresses are equivalent to 10 years of hard riding. All Marin/Whyte full sussers pass this test.
    considering how many marin B17s have broken....that "testing" leaves me pretty scared...
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9

    Wait a Moment...

    The Moments are here, or your Moment is coming…which ever way you look at it. The shipping commitment has been mid May for some time now. The first one's shipped on the 18th. It's just a limited number per day right now, but by the end of the month, we should be shipping at a faster rate, and getting most of the orders from last year filled.

    The orders ship in chronological order. Right now, we're shipping stuff that was ordered at the trade show last fall.

    The bikes are beautiful. I'm really excited about the Moment. It really expands the breadth of riding that a 6 inch bike can do.

    It's worth waiting for.

    Thanks for your patience, we're going as fast as we can and trying not to miss anything in the process.

    Sorry about the wait.

    T

  31. #31
    TT.
    TT. is offline
    wheeler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    495
    Thanks T. I will let my buddy know to hold his horses.... he started looking at SC.....LOL
    I Ride, I Know

  32. #32
    not so super...
    Reputation: SSINGA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Ellsworth
    The Moments are here, or your Moment is coming…which ever way you look at it. The shipping commitment has been mid May for some time now. The first one's shipped on the 18th. It's just a limited number per day right now, but by the end of the month, we should be shipping at a faster rate, and getting most of the orders from last year filled.

    The orders ship in chronological order. Right now, we're shipping stuff that was ordered at the trade show last fall.

    The bikes are beautiful. I'm really excited about the Moment. It really expands the breadth of riding that a 6 inch bike can do.

    It's worth waiting for.

    Thanks for your patience, we're going as fast as we can and trying not to miss anything in the process.

    Sorry about the wait.

    T
    Good to hear! Thanks Tony for popping in to quite the rumors. I'll quietly wait and suffer riding my Joker .

    For all you that have Moments on order, What fork are you going to use? I'm recycling my Vanilla rlc but all the new stuff thats out and coming out looks very promising to compliment the 6" of travel from the Moment.
    Nothing to see here.

  33. #33
    Mtb & Bassoon player
    Reputation: Palisworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    55

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Good to hear! Thanks Tony for popping in to quite the rumors. I'll quietly wait and suffer riding my Joker .

    For all you that have Moments on order, What fork are you going to use? I'm recycling my Vanilla rlc but all the new stuff thats out and coming out looks very promising to compliment the 6" of travel from the Moment.
    I have a Maverick fork for my Moment (ordered last november!!! ). Now Iride it on my '02 Joker and I am very happy ! (not a hard freeride fork...)
    Bye
    Last edited by Palisworth; 05-20-2004 at 11:47 AM.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Good to hear! Thanks Tony for popping in to quite the rumors. I'll quietly wait and suffer riding my Joker .

    For all you that have Moments on order, What fork are you going to use? I'm recycling my Vanilla rlc but all the new stuff thats out and coming out looks very promising to compliment the 6" of travel from the Moment.
    Fox talas front and rear...

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109

    Bonking ... not feelin' well

    The more i read the more im peed off.
    Why? Never knew about this forum until well after i bought a Moment(aint got it yet)
    I was recomended one by a mate,had a go on his ID very nice.Read the reviews in bike mags,YES got to have one of these new Moments.

    Ive read the main topic of 6 pages long at the mo .How depressing or what!
    All them Truth seat tubes breaking, and ID chain stays.Says a lot to me.
    Where are the people of Ellsworth to answer eveyones problems with their bikes!

    I aint excited about getting the Moment anymore far from it.

    Warranty huh what a joke that is for a bike ive paid £3500 for.What about when it does go wrong?

    Wonder if i can get my money back?And but a Turner...

    Blippo uk soz for all the earlier posts you made a good point.
    If the Moment still goes through maybe meet up you can have a ride on it see what you think.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    Moments

    Blippo uk soz for all the earlier posts you made a good point.
    If the Moment still goes through maybe meet up you can have a ride on it see what you think.
    No problem mate. Listen, I bet the Moment is a bloody good bike. Remember Freeborn aer the UK importer and they might look after you alot better in the Uk where the market is more competitive and heated over these sorts of bikes.

    I would just advise you to take care of your moment, checking it for damage constantely and otherwise to enjoy it. Its had amazing reviews in all magazines and it looks like it will rip.

    Remember, for all my spanking abou the Whyte, I still bought a 5 Spot. A 4 bar, rocker-ling, trailbike. And if your ever Bristol/Quantocks way I would be very happy to less you with a ride on the spot in exchange for a spin on the Turner

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    It aint that good when youve got to check for cracks all the time though.As ive read many people are doing with the Ellsworth bikes.

    i think i might take you up on that offer some time as would like to have a go on the 5 spot.It looks like a damn good ride.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54

    No good ditched it

    Quote Originally Posted by Blower
    The more i read the more im peed off.
    Why? Never knew about this forum until well after i bought a Moment(aint got it yet)
    I was recomended one by a mate,had a go on his ID very nice.Read the reviews in bike mags,YES got to have one of these new Moments.

    Ive read the main topic of 6 pages long at the mo .How depressing or what!
    All them Truth seat tubes breaking, and ID chain stays.Says a lot to me.
    Where are the people of Ellsworth to answer eveyones problems with their bikes!

    I aint excited about getting the Moment anymore far from it.

    Warranty huh what a joke that is for a bike ive paid £3500 for.What about when it does go wrong?

    Wonder if i can get my money back?And but a Turner...

    Blippo uk soz for all the earlier posts you made a good point.
    If the Moment still goes through maybe meet up you can have a ride on it see what you think.

    I've had a moment on order for ages. I paid for it up front because I did not want to miss out. The long wait has pissed me off. Also I have been reading all the bad press about the Ellsworths and warranty issues. It's ok for these guys who review them in magazines to say they are fantastic - what happens when you buy one and it starts to go wrong!

    Some of the stuff in this forum about broken this and broken that has just plain scared me. I have cancelled mine and managed to get my money back. I feel like I have made the right decision going on some of the stories I have heard about these frames.

  39. #39
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    heh, if i was basing

    my buying decision on some reviews on this board, i'd have missed on some great products...

    just take a look at 5th Element Air shock... despite negative reviews i went for it, and i absolutely LOVE it...

    same with my bike. i went with 04 Truth. it's been nothing but fun so far...

    to each his/her own. if you feel better now that you ditched your first choice, good for you. i personally think that you will always think "what if... (i purchased it)"... i wouldnt want to be in your shoes.

    good luck with your decision...


    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    I've had a moment on order for ages. I paid for it up front because I did not want to miss out. The long wait has pissed me off. Also I have been reading all the bad press about the Ellsworths and warranty issues. It's ok for these guys who review them in magazines to say they are fantastic - what happens when you buy one and it starts to go wrong!

    Some of the stuff in this forum about broken this and broken that has just plain scared me. I have cancelled mine and managed to get my money back. I feel like I have made the right decision going on some of the stories I have heard about these frames.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    my buying decision on some reviews on this board, i'd have missed on some great products...

    just take a look at 5th Element Air shock... despite negative reviews i went for it, and i absolutely LOVE it...

    same with my bike. i went with 04 Truth. it's been nothing but fun so far...

    to each his/her own. if you feel better now that you ditched your first choice, good for you. i personally think that you will always think "what if... (i purchased it)"... i wouldnt want to be in your shoes.

    good luck with your decision...
    Your comments are appreciated. I also would not want to be in your shoes judging by some of the problems people have had with the Truth.

    Good luck with your Truth

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    I've had a moment on order for ages. I paid for it up front because I did not want to miss out. The long wait has pissed me off. Also I have been reading all the bad press about the Ellsworths and warranty issues. It's ok for these guys who review them in magazines to say they are fantastic - what happens when you buy one and it starts to go wrong!

    Some of the stuff in this forum about broken this and broken that has just plain scared me. I have cancelled mine and managed to get my money back. I feel like I have made the right decision going on some of the stories I have heard about these frames.
    How did you get your money back off them Stuss?
    I had to get it on 0% finance.
    Exactly it is scary when you pay a lot of money for one.Dunno what to do now.FFS!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54

    relax

    Quote Originally Posted by Blower
    How did you get your money back off them Stuss?
    I had to get it on 0% finance.
    Exactly it is scary when you pay a lot of money for one.Dunno what to do now.FFS!

    Don't worry mate. I'm sure that on the basis of late delivery you are entitled to your money back. Shame because this bike sounds wicked - the backup from Ellsworth just appears too risky for me though!. The fact that you have finance on it should not be a problem either. At the end of the day 'where is the bike?!'

    Let me know how you get on. I'm considering a 5.5 or a 5 spot now.
    Last edited by stuss; 05-24-2004 at 02:32 PM.

  43. #43
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    well, now this makes sense...

    I expect that Moment will set the new standard in it's class. I hope that Ellsworth has put everything he knows about bike design in this bike. i agree though, that it should prove itself at the end of this season with as little problems as possible... time will tell.

    if this is indeed true this time next year, that will be the bike to own, bar none...

    i think it is the ultimate trail bike, the bike one needs for blazing singletrack and having some fun with drops as well...

    this takes nothing away from other good bikes, including Turner, Whyte etc...



    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    On the contrary, I proposed the Whyte bike as an option alongside the Moment and said why. Unfortunately it was lost in this protectionist drivel so typical of the Ellsworth forum.

    If you actually read the posts you would realise that I rejected the Moment on the grounds of personal aesthetics and its unproven track record. I rejected the Id because I did'nt like the geometry and I rejected the Truth because I wanted a beefier frame. I rejected the Heckler and the Whyte because they didn't give me as good a deal as the Turner dealer amd the 5 is just... It has a ride-feeling hard to quantify.

    Like it or not the Moment is a desirable bike - I know this. I personally am interested in seeing a Moment in the flesh and I'd quite like to take one for a spin. I'm interested to see if it fails or if people sell them after a year to try something new. I know it's desirable - but just because it's an Ellsworth doesnt mean it's completely immune to doubts or criticism, especially before a year in the field.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I expect that Moment will set the new standard in it's class. I hope that Ellsworth has put everything he knows about bike design in this bike. i agree though, that it should prove itself at the end of this season with as little problems as possible... time will tell.

    if this is indeed true this time next year, that will be the bike to own, bar none...

    i think it is the ultimate trail bike, the bike one needs for blazing singletrack and having some fun with drops as well...

    this takes nothing away from other good bikes, including Turner, Whyte etc...
    I don't think it will set the standard. IMO it's a catch-up bike. Ellsworth need to catch up with Whyte and Turner before they surpass them.

    At the very least, it gives another option for people who want 5 or 6 inch travel bikes.

  45. #45
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    you are entitled to your opinion

    and i respect it.

    i beg to differ though...

    With it's current lineup, Ells is at least right up there with Turner and Whyte and few others... With Moment, if it proves itself, they will be ahead...

    that is my opinion of course... it is good to be a buyer these days...



    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    I don't think it will set the standard. IMO it's a catch-up bike. Ellsworth need to catch up with Whyte and Turner before they surpass them.

    At the very least, it gives another option for people who want 5 or 6 inch travel bikes.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    Hmmm, no logic

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    and i respect it.

    i beg to differ though...

    With it's current lineup, Ells is at least right up there with Turner and Whyte and few others... With Moment, if it proves itself, they will be ahead...

    that is my opinion of course... it is good to be a buyer these days...
    At the risk of sounding unreasonable I don't think it will be ahead. Ellsworth are undoubtably a prestige frame builder with Titus, Whyte, Turner, Intense, Nicolai and many others.

    However, being ahead of the game would require something truely special. And with all respect I think that most of these bikes are equal, all offering differing options.

    If any company is ahead it is Whte who have designed the first bike to work with the new Maverick fork technology - and the Maverick is definitely the future. I do not even think the Moment is warranteed for the Maverick. The only companies I know apart from Whyte are the trailbikes from Nicolai and Turner.

  47. #47
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    what makes you think that the maverick fork

    is the technology of the future?

    it is too easy to scratch stanchions hence rendering the fork unusable... i still dont see any revolutionary advantage of Maverick forks...

    i dont see any logic in claiming that whyte is ahrad because of maverick compatibility...




    Quote Originally Posted by blippo_uk
    At the risk of sounding unreasonable I don't think it will be ahead. Ellsworth are undoubtably a prestige frame builder with Titus, Whyte, Turner, Intense, Nicolai and many others.

    However, being ahead of the game would require something truely special. And with all respect I think that most of these bikes are equal, all offering differing options.

    If any company is ahead it is Whte who have designed the first bike to work with the new Maverick fork technology - and the Maverick is definitely the future. I do not even think the Moment is warranteed for the Maverick. The only companies I know apart from Whyte are the trailbikes from Nicolai and Turner.

  48. #48
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    is the technology of the future?

    it is too easy to scratch stanchions hence rendering the fork unusable... i still dont see any revolutionary advantage of Maverick forks...

    i dont see any logic in claiming that whyte is ahrad because of maverick compatibility...
    Uhh, you should probably do some research before making these kinds of claims.

    First of all, it is not "easy" to scratch the stanchions of an inverted fork with fork guards, it's actually a lot less likely than a standard fork because of the angle the wheel makes with the fork legs when you lay it on it's side, it's nearly impossible, while with a regular fork you have exposed stanchion that doesn't have any kind of "guard" these days. I've owned 3 inverted forks, and not had any problems with them of this sort, I have put scratches on standard forks though. Due to how the stanchions are protected, and where they are, they are actually very protected.

    Second, the maverick advantage is weight, and it is possible because of the welded lower crown and "bulged" legs, which allows less material for a given amount of stiffness. Nothing really approaches it in terms of weight, which is realistically about 4lbs, and the closest thing I can think of in the same "use" catagory is the marzocchi Z150sl, at 5.2lbs.

    And lastly, there's companys that have been making 5-6" travel trail bikes that do not have crazy-geometry (like the ID) that can take some good abuse, as well as 6" ones that are more like freeride bikes. Titus motolite, titus quasilite, titus supermoto FR, titus switchblade, turner RFX, turner 5-spot, Foes FXR, intense Uzzi SL, even the azonic saber has been around for a few years now, the list could go on and on, but ellsworth is not doing anything special here, hopefully making a bike that is in line with all these others, but expecting it to be somehow better, given the design and constraints, is kind of rediculous, it's not going to set any "standard", it's going to be a "me too!" type of offering, given how established the market is now.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  49. #49
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    heh, you really provide some credible facts..

    starting with "no the stanchions will not scratch, i am telling you..."

    well, the scratching problem is something i found out from current owners while researching on the topic of Maveric forks... i didnt make it up...

    Weight? that is about the only substantial advantage of this design, but when we take a look at frames that may take advantage of 5-6 inches of travel, weight is hardly of much importance. we are not talking XC bikes where weight is very important...

    so i am still not convinced... by the way, you can buy booties for old design fork stanchions... they have been on the market forever...

    as far as other bike frame makers goes, they all have models in this class, no doubt... and they are all capable contenders...

    with bikes, it is the same debate as with cars... why would one buy Audi over BMW? both are very quality vehicles, but some will swear by BMW's rear wheel drive and the others will swear by Audi's Quattro all wheel drive... and each group is right. these are instances where both sides are right, not wrong. I personally think that Audi Quattro all wheel drive is the feature that puts that car be on the top of the pack. Some people couldnt care less about all wheel drive.

    applying this logic to bikes, things that will make Moment really attractive bike for me may not make sense to others... With so many good bikes on the market in each class, features that will make the difference to the prospective buyer will be miniscule, but important to that particulsr buyer.

    so if i say that i think the Moment will set the standard, it is just a personal opinion based on what i have read about it. i may or may not change that opinion when i get a chance to ride it... that is if i ever set my eye on it...

    for now i am very happy with my truth... it is doing for meeverything i expect from the bike to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Uhh, you should probably do some research before making these kinds of claims.

    First of all, it is not "easy" to scratch the stanchions of an inverted fork with fork guards, it's actually a lot less likely than a standard fork because of the angle the wheel makes with the fork legs when you lay it on it's side, it's nearly impossible, while with a regular fork you have exposed stanchion that doesn't have any kind of "guard" these days. I've owned 3 inverted forks, and not had any problems with them of this sort, I have put scratches on standard forks though. Due to how the stanchions are protected, and where they are, they are actually very protected.

    Second, the maverick advantage is weight, and it is possible because of the welded lower crown and "bulged" legs, which allows less material for a given amount of stiffness. Nothing really approaches it in terms of weight, which is realistically about 4lbs, and the closest thing I can think of in the same "use" catagory is the marzocchi Z150sl, at 5.2lbs.

    And lastly, there's companys that have been making 5-6" travel trail bikes that do not have crazy-geometry (like the ID) that can take some good abuse, as well as 6" ones that are more like freeride bikes. Titus motolite, titus quasilite, titus supermoto FR, titus switchblade, turner RFX, turner 5-spot, Foes FXR, intense Uzzi SL, even the azonic saber has been around for a few years now, the list could go on and on, but ellsworth is not doing anything special here, hopefully making a bike that is in line with all these others, but expecting it to be somehow better, given the design and constraints, is kind of rediculous, it's not going to set any "standard", it's going to be a "me too!" type of offering, given how established the market is now.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: erol/frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    490
    I think that calling it a "me too"-bike is kinda harsh. Given that the seattube doesn`t fold after 9 months like rroeders bike, i think it looks sound.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    115

    The maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    is the technology of the future?

    it is too easy to scratch stanchions hence rendering the fork unusable... i still dont see any revolutionary advantage of Maverick forks...

    i dont see any logic in claiming that whyte is ahrad because of maverick compatibility...
    According to reviews and anybody who has ridden it the Maverick is amazingly stiff and plush for its weight. It embraces the future in disc brakes and has a 4 bar linkage system stiffer than the traditional horst link. It has lifetime bearings, specially desiged spherical fox shock bearings, the ig gripper dropouts and is designed purposely to woprk with the future of trail forks.

    However, it's hardly a revolution. A revolution was the first suspensiopn fork, or the first specialized FSR. All these bikes are - like I said - different choices in the same market.

    I personally feel that the WHyteis ahead of the moment because of the frward thinking nature of its design. The Ellsworth in comparison is just a very well built and good looking long travel trailbike. It is in no way more revolutionary than a 5 Spot or a Switchblade, just Ellsworth's take on the long travel trailbike.

    At the end of the day you can choose Intense's Spider XVP, Whyte 46, Marin TARA QUAD Attack Trail, Turner's 5 Spot, Titus's Switchblade, Orange's Patriot/5, Santa Cruz's Heckler or Ellsworth's Moment. They all fullfill the same role in different ways. Some people prefer single pivot because of reliability, some prefer 4 bar because of tracking, some prefer one brand because of handling.

    In my opinion out of all these almost equal bikes the Whyte stands alone as the most adjustable, reliable 4 bar design which embraces the future of trailbike technology. It even handles well. Apart from all this, I went for the 5 Spot. Why? Because I preferred the handling and the style - and thats what catering for this market is all about. Bring on the Ellsworth as the other option.

  52. #52
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    starting with "no the stanchions will not scratch, i am telling you..."

    well, the scratching problem is something i found out from current owners while researching on the topic of Maveric forks... i didnt make it up...

    Weight? that is about the only substantial advantage of this design, but when we take a look at frames that may take advantage of 5-6 inches of travel, weight is hardly of much importance. we are not talking XC bikes where weight is very important...

    so i am still not convinced... by the way, you can buy booties for old design fork stanchions... they have been on the market forever...

    as far as other bike frame makers goes, they all have models in this class, no doubt... and they are all capable contenders...

    with bikes, it is the same debate as with cars... why would one buy Audi over BMW? both are very quality vehicles, but some will swear by BMW's rear wheel drive and the others will swear by Audi's Quattro all wheel drive... and each group is right. these are instances where both sides are right, not wrong. I personally think that Audi Quattro all wheel drive is the feature that puts that car be on the top of the pack. Some people couldnt care less about all wheel drive.

    applying this logic to bikes, things that will make Moment really attractive bike for me may not make sense to others... With so many good bikes on the market in each class, features that will make the difference to the prospective buyer will be miniscule, but important to that particulsr buyer.

    so if i say that i think the Moment will set the standard, it is just a personal opinion based on what i have read about it. i may or may not change that opinion when i get a chance to ride it... that is if i ever set my eye on it...

    for now i am very happy with my truth... it is doing for meeverything i expect from the bike to do...
    You must be on crack, weight is not important on these frames? LOL, Ok, how about you ride my old 1998 Rocky Mountain DH Race, 5.5" of travel, about a 9lb frame, paired up with my 1999 6" boxxer pro, for a nice ride weight of about 35lbs when you add resonable components to that.

    Then I'll ride my foes FXR (which has 5 or 5.75" of travel) with a maverick fork for a ride-weight of about 27-29lbs depending on the wheels and some other variables. Then we will trade.

    Your really grasping at nothing here. Ok, so one owner drug his stanchions over a rock...do you have any idea of how many standard-forks this happens too? It's rediculous as I've used both extensively, I've had long travel inverted and standard forks, as WELL AS short travel inverted and standard forks. I know which ones are subceptible to scratching, and it's the standard ones. I've owned 12 forks, of those 3 were inverted, how many do you have to make such a claim about what scratches and what doesn't. Unless you drag the fork backwards over a rock, which is nearly impossible (not totally, but nearly), it's not going to happen. With a standard fork, all you have to do is fall on your side in rough terrain and it's relatively easy to scratch the stanchions.

    If you want what *might* be a decent bike, brought to the game late, by a questionable company with questionable warrenty service, then yes, the moment might be for you. I'll pick (and I have) one of the bikes that is more established by a reputable company.
    Last edited by Jm.; 05-25-2004 at 08:18 AM.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  53. #53
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    dude, relax...

    it is just my opinion, it does not have to be right or wrong.

    one is not going to race 29 pound rig, and if he/she does, then something is wront. racing rigs are in 25-26 pounds range max. of course i am talking XC, not DH... hence pound up or down on a 30 pound rig does not mean much as pound up or down on a XC racing rig... XC racers dont need 5-6 inch of travel anyway. this is where i am coming from...

    as far as scratching issue, i dont know. you may be rigth... i was just quoting issues that other owners have stated... that is all..

    and please remember, i am not trying to prove you wrong. i am just stating my personal opinion. by all means you are welcome to do so, but please relax. no need to jump all over the place if you hear something you dont like...

    fair enough?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    You must be on crack, weight is not important on these frames? LOL, Ok, how about you ride my old 1998 Rocky Mountain DH Race, 5.5" of travel, about a 9lb frame, paired up with my 1999 6" boxxer pro, for a nice ride weight of about 35lbs when you add resonable components to that.

    Then I'll ride my foes FXR with a maverick fork for a ride-weight of about 27-29lbs depending on the wheels and some other variables. Then we will trade.

    Your really grasping at nothing here. Ok, so one owner drug his stanchions over a rock...do you have any idea of how many standard-forks this happens too? It's rediculous as I've used both extensively, I've had long travel inverted and standard forks, as WELL AS short travel inverted and standard forks. I know which ones are subceptible to scratching, and it's the standard ones. I've owned 12 forks, of those 3 were inverted, how many do you have to make such a claim about what scratches and what doesn't. Unless you drag the fork backwards over a rock, which is nearly impossible (not totally, but nearly), it's not going to happen. With a standard fork, all you have to do is fall on your side in rough terrain and it's relatively easy to scratch the stanchions.

    If you want what *might* be a decent bike, brought to the game late, by a questionable company with questionable warrenty service, then yes, the moment might be for you. I'll pick (and I have) one of the bikes that is more established by a reputable company.

  54. #54
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    it is just my opinion, it does not have to be right or wrong.

    one is not going to race 29 pound rig, and if he/she does, then something is wront. racing rigs are in 25-26 pounds range max. of course i am talking XC, not DH... hence pound up or down on a 30 pound rig does not mean much as pound up or down on a XC racing rig... XC racers dont need 5-6 inch of travel anyway. this is where i am coming from...

    as far as scratching issue, i dont know. you may be rigth... i was just quoting issues that other owners have stated... that is all..

    and please remember, i am not trying to prove you wrong. i am just stating my personal opinion. by all means you are welcome to do so, but please relax. no need to jump all over the place if you hear something you dont like...

    fair enough?
    Well, I just find the assumption that a 35lb bike is just as easy to ride all day than a 27lb bike, and that the weight "doesn't really make a difference" is rediculous. We may not race all the time, but we still want to be able to ride our bikes all day long on big epic rides. Weight is important, making something no heavier than it needs to be is a good thing, no matter what area of mountain biking we are talking about.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  55. #55
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    what is said is this:

    on a 35 pound bike it is not as big a difference between 34 and 35 pounds as on the XC racer between 26 and 27 pounds... that is all i was saying...

    because when you race, you cant affort to stop and rest as you can afford it on your epic ride...

    but then again, it is just my opinion. if you say that 1 pound off is as important on XC racer as it is on trail/freeride bike, than all the power to you too... i appreciate that...

    can we have a beer now please?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Well, I just find the assumption that a 35lb bike is just as easy to ride all day than a 27lb bike, and that the weight "doesn't really make a difference" is rediculous. We may not race all the time, but we still want to be able to ride our bikes all day long on big epic rides. Weight is important, making something no heavier than it needs to be is a good thing, no matter what area of mountain biking we are talking about.

  56. #56
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    on a 35 pound bike it is not as big a difference between 34 and 35 pounds as on the XC racer between 26 and 27 pounds... that is all i was saying...

    because when you race, you cant affort to stop and rest as you can afford it on your epic ride...

    but then again, it is just my opinion. if you say that 1 pound off is as important on XC racer as it is on trail/freeride bike, than all the power to you too... i appreciate that...

    can we have a beer now please?
    as long as it's "real" beer and not some big-american-company excuse
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by stuss
    Good points, but all your droning on about the moment and a year in the field you have forgotten one thing. The same thing applies to the Whyte 46 you numb nut!!! Surely a degree of uncertainty lies with the Whyte aswell at this stage?

    And before you start going on about the fact that Whytes have had harder hitting trail machines with proven track records so have Ellsworth with the ID.
    #

    Arghhhh!
    My heads all over the place.
    Still dont know what to do.Have'nt had chance to ring them due to working long hours.

  58. #58
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    allright, i'll be canadian beer of course...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    as long as it's "real" beer and not some big-american-company excuse
    Sir, i hope you dont mind...

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    29

    i love my moment

    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    I thought we were going to see them around mid May
    well it's mid May now
    Season is officially open where are the damn frames
    if you've looked there out like on mtbr photo gal. i was rideing in big bear and got a cuple of lame shoots just look for them and be happy if your on the waiting list

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    29

    sports car VS monster truck

    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    They told me last week that it would be a few months when I asked about upgrading from my Truth.
    why would they do that shold have bought the rite bike for u

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    29

    moments r the ****

    Quote Originally Posted by Blower
    The more i read the more im peed off.
    Why? Never knew about this forum until well after i bought a Moment(aint got it yet)
    I was recomended one by a mate,had a go on his ID very nice.Read the reviews in bike mags,YES got to have one of these new Moments.

    Ive read the main topic of 6 pages long at the mo .How depressing or what!
    All them Truth seat tubes breaking, and ID chain stays.Says a lot to me.
    Where are the people of Ellsworth to answer eveyones problems with their bikes!

    I aint excited about getting the Moment anymore far from it.

    Warranty huh what a joke that is for a bike ive paid £3500 for.What about when it does go wrong?

    Wonder if i can get my money back?And but a Turner...

    Blippo uk soz for all the earlier posts you made a good point.
    If the Moment still goes through maybe meet up you can have a ride on it see what you think.
    y dont u get a job there if u like turner so much and call ellsworth if u got questions duh and look at turners designs whos coping who ellsworth has do so much for mt biking why dont you think about 1997 and reolize you r a foel dave a trash taken jerk straight up have u talked to the guy in person how long have u known him how long have u been in the biz can u ride or just talk u make bikers get a bad name

  62. #62
    Rides like wrecking ball
    Reputation: Bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemangobig
    y dont u get a job there if u like turner so much and call ellsworth if u got questions duh and look at turners designs whos coping who ellsworth has do so much for mt biking why dont you think about 1997 and reolize you r a foel dave a trash taken jerk straight up have u talked to the guy in person how long have u known him how long have u been in the biz can u ride or just talk u make bikers get a bad name
    ...while you give English speaking/typing persons a bad name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikemangobig
    y dont u get a job there if u like turner so much and call ellsworth if u got questions duh and look at turners designs whos coping who ellsworth has do so much for mt biking why dont you think about 1997 and reolize you r a foel dave a trash taken jerk straight up have u talked to the guy in person how long have u known him how long have u been in the biz can u ride or just talk u make bikers get a bad name

    translation please??????

Similar Threads

  1. Trade-offs in anti-squat suspension theory
    By derby in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
  2. Friday Poll: Most humiliating MTB experience?
    By SwissBuster in forum Passion
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:43 PM
  3. Capturing those moments
    By Southern Man in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:50 PM
  4. more mistaken 4-bar analysis
    By derby in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
  5. I"VE CRACKED!! Bring on spring!!!!
    By titustiguy in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 01:53 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •