gam
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

What year is this Truth frame?

I've got this Truth frame and I can't remember the year model, all I can remember about it is I think is was the last year that they used stickers for "Ellsworth" and "Truth", I think they started painting it on the next year. I bought the frame used on this site and built the bike for one of my sons. He has outgrown the frame so I'm thinking about rebuilding it for myself since my litespeed and cad3 were stolen out of my truck last week. I've been out of serious riding for a several years and just started back when my bikes were swiped, but just surfing around it looks to me like that Truth is still as good as a lot of the new high end bikes. I have no idea about a good rear shock for it, it has a fox vanillla r on it now, I don't have any specs for the frame and didn't see anything on site to help. I'm sure it needs pivot bushings by now. Anybody know what was the last year they used stickers?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gam
    I've got this Truth frame and I can't remember the year model, all I can remember about it is I think is was the last year that they used stickers for "Ellsworth" and "Truth", I think they started painting it on the next year. I bought the frame used on this site and built the bike for one of my sons. He has outgrown the frame so I'm thinking about rebuilding it for myself since my litespeed and cad3 were stolen out of my truck last week. I've been out of serious riding for a several years and just started back when my bikes were swiped, but just surfing around it looks to me like that Truth is still as good as a lot of the new high end bikes. I have no idea about a good rear shock for it, it has a fox vanillla r on it now, I don't have any specs for the frame and didn't see anything on site to help. I'm sure it needs pivot bushings by now. Anybody know what was the last year they used stickers?
    Sounds like a '98 or '99 to me. Ellsworth painted frames on and off until 2001. The shock for your frame would be a 6.5" x 1.5" - go with a new Fox w/ Propedal. When in doubt, get the bushings replaced. It needs a 34.9mm front derailluer, top pull, bottom swing, a 27.2mm seat post, 31.8mm seat post clamp and a bb spec that is 113mm x 73mm. Ride on...

gam
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Id Rider
    Sounds like a '98 or '99 to me. Ellsworth painted frames on and off until 2001. The shock for your frame would be a 6.5" x 1.5" - go with a new Fox w/ Propedal. When in doubt, get the bushings replaced. It needs a 34.9mm front derailluer, top pull, bottom swing, a 27.2mm seat post, 31.8mm seat post clamp and a bb spec that is 113mm x 73mm. Ride on...
    Thanks, I'm printing this out. Seems like there were some complaints about the bushings in those days, no doubt it needs them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The logos on my 2000 Truth are stickers/decals. You might want to check on the romic rear shock. I replaced my fox float r with the romic and the bike rides much better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBama
    The logos on my 2000 Truth are stickers/decals. You might want to check on the romic rear shock. I replaced my fox float r with the romic and the bike rides much better.
    Not a bad call...the Romic does a great job.
    Sold the Id; riding the Rogue, saving for an Evolve...I ride, I know.

mondo@thepathbikeshop.com

http://www.thepathbikeshop.com

not so super...

Idea! Another Option

A little less expensive fix would be send the Fox to Push Ind. and get the Platform Dampning Upgrade done for approx $139 which would give a similar feel to Propedal or Romic.

http://www.pushindustries.com/
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    A little less expensive fix would be send the Fox to Push Ind. and get the Platform Dampning Upgrade done for approx $139 which would give a similar feel to Propedal or Romic.

http://www.pushindustries.com/

Absolutely - Darren is a mad scientist with suspension setup - I would say that it would ride better after the PUSH changes as opposed to a feeling similar...
    Sold the Id; riding the Rogue, saving for an Evolve...I ride, I know.

mondo@thepathbikeshop.com

http://www.thepathbikeshop.com

gam
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

That sounds about right

The guy said he had the frame about six months and he was selling it to get a ring for his fiancee. Case of misplace priorities.