happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! What is the most expensive handlebar (best around)!!!

im looking for the perfect bar for my moment but 1 1/2 rise at max 1/2 inch min, 24 inch wide min, 28 inch max.

MONEY NO OBJECT,
    is there an elitest bar out there. Cant be too light though, i'd prefer it not to be carbon, unless ofcourse it is light and strong FOR Hardcore xc Glentress use (enduro style perhaps) with the occasional dabbling in DOwn hiLL. i want something rediculously expensive matching that criteria if poss or just the best you can find. Is there anything in the States il import it!!
    i Dont care im an idiot and i need the best!!!!!

PS. thanx for suggestions i have already had they sounded great, but im looking for a hole in my pocket

i think i have an advanced case of upgraid itus.
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

hmmm

I've just brought a new Moment which came fitted with "bling" kit throughout.

Easton = best/high price handlebar. The bike is there to be abused, don't worry about what's the most expensive.

P.s Krafty show us a pic of your frame/build

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Doh

P.s Krafty show us a pic of your frame/build[/QUOTE]

k here's the prob im not sure how
    + the frame doesnt have a great deal on it just Yet, but iv ordered stuff. The prob is the pics i do have wont go on cos it says they are too large havnt had the time yet to figure out how to compress it... working my ass off in my summer job too much, 7:00-6:00 every week day then sat, 7:00-12:00 to give you an idea im tyred the rest of the time. too much overtime All for the Moment, Sure hope its worth it!!!!!!! could you tell me how its done to speed things up a little?

i'l give you the specs as far as i know them anyway.

xtr drive train accept sram chain and some wiered CKing blob of some sort that im fitting to the cassette,

Tompson Masterpeice seatpost,
    Hope seat clamp,
    Selle Italia saddle,
    Raceface Deus stem,
    Hope Mono M4's 200mm Front 180 rear, (will get Goodridge hoses soon),
    CKing Ti Headset,
    Donno what tyres Yet pob Panaracer Cinders or those Michelin ones i cant rember off the top of my head, same with Grips Donno and bars as you know,
    Triple Ti eggbeaters, at this point i would like to remind that it will be more of a hardcore xc machine,
    Nokon shifter cables
    Now this is the tricky bit i want the Fox 36 Fork clearly i cant get it yet so im buying myself the Fox Talas RLC's and have the Talas shock at the back,
    was getting DT FR 6.1d rims but cant justify them with only Talas so instead it'l be DT XR 4.1d rims some spoke not sure yet bla bla bla and a black CKing hub, would have obviously had to get a bolt through if it was to be the 36.
    So in short the release date of those shocks has totaly changed bike speck. doesnt bother me too much though sure il love the more xc feel to it too>>.....

WOO iv managed to ramble enough to produce an essay!!!!!
    Well thats my life story
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafty
    k here's the prob im not sure how
    + the frame doesnt have a great deal on it just Yet, but iv ordered stuff. The prob is the pics i do have wont go on cos it says they are too large havnt had the time yet to figure out how to compress it... working my ass off in my summer job too much, 7:00-6:00 every week day then sat, 7:00-12:00 to give you an idea im tyred the rest of the time. too much overtime All for the Moment, Sure hope its worth it!!!!!!! could you tell me how its done to speed things up a little?

i'l give you the specs as far as i know them anyway.

xtr drive train accept sram chain and some wiered CKing blob of some sort that im fitting to the cassette,

Tompson Masterpeice seatpost,
    Hope seat clamp,
    Selle Italia saddle,
    Raceface Deus stem,
    Hope Mono M4's 200mm Front 180 rear, (will get Goodridge hoses soon),
    CKing Ti Headset,
    Donno what tyres Yet pob Panaracer Cinders or those Michelin ones i cant rember off the top of my head, same with Grips Donno and bars as you know,
    Triple Ti eggbeaters, at this point i would like to remind that it will be more of a hardcore xc machine,
    Nokon shifter cables
    Now this is the tricky bit i want the Fox 36 Fork clearly i cant get it yet so im buying myself the Fox Talas RLC's and have the Talas shock at the back,
    was getting DT FR 6.1d rims but cant justify them with only Talas so instead it'l be DT XR 4.1d rims some spoke not sure yet bla bla bla and a black CKing hub, would have obviously had to get a bolt through if it was to be the 36.
    So in short the release date of those shocks has totaly changed bike speck. doesnt bother me too much though sure il love the more xc feel to it too>>.....

WOO iv managed to ramble enough to produce an essay!!!!!
    Well thats my life story [/QUOTE]

Sounds the monty build, that upgradeitis is a pain. Dont you just hate waiting for new kit.

WIll be a great machine am sure
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Best Bars

ok im bending towards the Easton MonkeyLite DH Composite Riser Bar
    225g, 28", 1.25" rise is there anything better then this and how strong are the normal monkeylite xc's 1" rise id prefer them but i just dont know if they would be able to take the odd small jump and downhill. should i stay safe with the DH bars or is there a better alternative in alloys under 250g.

Someone help me please, i consider the bars to be the most important contact point need the ideal one!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Fzil Gobi seat, i would say you have to have on there best ive ever tried.And it looks nice.

Time is not a road.
    ok im bending towards the Easton MonkeyLite DH Composite Riser Bar
    225g, 28", 1.25" rise is there anything better then this and how strong are the normal monkeylite xc's 1" rise id prefer them but i just dont know if they would be able to take the odd small jump and downhill. should i stay safe with the DH bars or is there a better alternative in alloys under 250g.

Someone help me please, i consider the bars to be the most important contact point need the ideal one!!!!
    Maxm EXO-Grid bars MX-6 for DH...light, strong, expensive, comfortable. I love mine.

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job!

what are the specs for them cant find em Both of yours and Blower??

Rolling
    Do you always assume most expensive = best?

If so, I got a Answer Protaper handlebar for you, $499.95
    If you want it, lemme know.

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    If so, I got a Answer Protaper handlebar for you, $499.95
    If you want it, lemme know.
    you just made that up didnt you
    nope dont just assume things like that i like to see the proof and ask why!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzanine
    Easton = best/high price handlebar. The bike is there to be abused, don't worry about what's the most expensive.
    I had too many warranty issues with Easton bars so I can't decribe them as being the best.

The Maxm bars that I replaced the Eastons with have been better. It's also a newer technology.

sock puppet

i replaced easton monkey lite

Quote Originally Posted by mezzanine
    I've just brought a new Moment which came fitted with "bling" kit throughout.

with Race Face Next Low Riser XC bar...

i'll just say that i am not looking back...

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Thanx all!!

Thanx for everyones help
    iv decided on the Raceface next carbon lowriser xc's.
    heard nothing but good about them and i like the fact that they are said to be stiffer then EA's not much heavier too

Thanx again

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Schmole

Thanx for everyones help
    iv decided on the Raceface next carbon lowriser xc's.
    heard nothing but good about them and i like the fact that they are said to be stiffer then EA's not much heavier too

Thanx again

I havn't been on for a few days but if you want a strong, light bar then have a look at Schmolke . Their carbon bars outlast (almost) everything else in independant fatigue testing (Tour mag) and are far lighter than any others. I'm not certain who uses them off road but if they are are good enough for Ullrich and Zabel on the road.....

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    How much do you weigh? Just asking, cause first you said you didn't want carbon. But then you say you are going to get Triple Ti eggies.
    Nice build BTW. But it sounds to me your building up a heavier XC bike rather then a Light Freeride bike. Maybe wait some montrhs for the 36 to come out?!

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    How much do you weigh? Just asking, cause first you said you didn't want carbon. But then you say you are going to get Triple Ti eggies.
    Nice build BTW. But it sounds to me your building up a heavier XC bike rather then a Light Freeride bike. Maybe wait some montrhs for the 36 to come out?!
    i weigh 73kg not sure what that is in Ibs think it about 140 to 155 or so yep i want my bike to weigh around 27 Ibs its a moment it cant sensibly weigh much less.. going for hardcore xc with the potential for a little DH/FR. I'm usually quite a dedicated xc rider, had a specialized stumpy from '2000', loved it but when i took it to Glen Tress in scotland the front wheel broke (very light set up there!!) busted the dampening on forks and other minor damage. Dont get me wrong i know what diff bikes are made for but everyone said it was xc or hardcore xc, of course underestimated and thought it would be fine since it was for all other things iv tried but there you go!!
    As for the 36 i want but dont want to wait anylonger, so this is the plan, im going for that later along with FR DT's etc and heavyer duty bars etc. too, then put this lighter stong stuff to my stumpy!! The big hitch is how am i going to afford all this LOL i'l find a way

PS. for donations to the Krafty fund, contact here

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! forgot

oh and i dont mind carbon now but i want the best and strongest + light
    stuck between eastons monkeylites and raceface next low risers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    oh and i dont mind carbon now but i want the best and strongest + light
    stuck between eastons monkeylites and raceface next low risers
    Are you sure about carbon bars? You talk of FR use and aggressive XC at GT. In my area not many riders are using carbon bars after one rider who was close to turning Pro for DH broke his hips after his carbon bars snapped!

Also there seem to be quite a few new pictures of cracked Easton carbon bars, it's your choice though.

Also see here Easton users check those bars

I'd go for Answer Pro Tapers, strong enough to DH on but still reasonably light ~250g.

mtbr member
    Hell, if money is no object, look even farther than that most-expensive-handlebar-at-my-lbs. Go to Jeff Jones and ask him to custom-fabricate you one nice ti-creation.

End of story.