mtbr member
    Sep 2004

What fork on the moment?

What fork would you guys put on the moment?
    Thanks in advance
    Big JuJu

happy trails!
    Aug 2004

Good job! Fox 36, Talas, Manitou Minute, Maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by Big JuJu
    Thanks in advance
    Big JuJu
    i have the Fox Talas at the moment, but thats cos im waiting for the Fox 36 110-150mm of travel That in my opinion is perfect for it You'l need a bolt through hub for that though so itl cost a little more i think, but on the other hand that makes it so much stiffer and sturdier on those descends and corners. + you have the added bonus like the Talas you go to 110mm for climbing!!!!!!! Well the prob is i think that comes out at Christmas sometime so i'd say the Fox Talas or the Manitou Minute, for a great feel slightly more xc, or the Maverick Forks at 140mm for better descends it also steps down to 100mm or something like that for climbing, but unlike the Fox it makes it stiffer doesnt have the same plush feel at 100. Anyway Those are the Leading forks at the mo i think
    ............OK i'l admit it, i am a rambling idiot!!!!
    I wanna run i wanna ride i wanna tear down the trails that call me inside i wanna reach out and touch the flame Where the streets have no name......

not so super...
    Thanks in advance
    Big JuJu
    Currently running my old 01 Vanilla RLC and it works just fine with the 6" in the back. I will be retiring it when the 36 becomes available.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Z150

I put a Marz Z150 on mine (see previous post) It gives the frame quite a high bottom bracket It loses some of the XC feel and means I have to turn in more on corners.

However, the bike climbs like a goat on heat and with 6 inches at the front goes over almost anything.....roots? what roots? I also like the more upright riding position (though my legs don't)

Other riders have the Talas and are quite happy with that but I can't be bothered will all the cliky clik stuff needed to raise and lower the fork. In the end I reckon most people end up riding with the full amount of travel any way.

The bike climbs so well that you might as well go for the full travel...If money was no object, I would have bought a Maverick...if I could get my hands on one.......

Good luck anyway, let us know what you got and how you find it....

Col
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks in advance
    Big JuJu
    05 Vanilla RLC is what I have, works well and I am happy with it. All depends of how weight conscious you are, have now seen several moments done with the Mavrick double crown 150s air shock.

trail fairy
    I'm with Krafty the Fox 36 (110mm - 150mm) when it becomes available or the Maverick(100mm-150mm)
    http://www.maverickamerican.com/products/forks/
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/website...p?Market=MBike
    My friend has just brought the Maverick for his SC Heckler, I haven't seen it yet, alot of Heckler riders seem to be choosing this fork, if weights are to be believed this could be the reason, this fork is supposedly lighter than my talas but will definitley be stiffer with a triple clamp and 24mm bolt through axle combine the axel weight and they maybe on par,
    But I believe the 36 maybe worth waiting for. Let us know what you choose and how it goes, I'm not going to rush into it yet, but looks like most Moment owners are thinking the same way.

Col
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    I'm with Krafty the Fox 36 (110mm - 150mm) when it becomes available or the Maverick(100mm-150mm)
    http://www.maverickamerican.com/products/forks/
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/website...p?Market=MBike
    My friend has just brought the Maverick for his SC Heckler, I haven't seen it yet, alot of Heckler riders seem to be choosing this fork, if weights are to be believed this could be the reason, this fork is supposedly lighter than my talas but will definitley be stiffer with a triple clamp and 24mm bolt through axle combine the axel weight and they maybe on par,
    But I believe the 36 maybe worth waiting for. Let us know what you choose and how it goes, I'm not going to rush into it yet, but looks like most Moment owners are thinking the same way.
    Not too sure about the Fox 36 but I know with the Maverick your choice of stem is very limited - not that this matters too much but it is just something to keep at the back of ones mind - especially if you are hell-bent on a Thompson.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

What about a Firefly Plus ?

I realize the weight wenies will not like this on but I like springs and the through axle.
    Big JuJu