Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Warranty Service

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Papawhiskey99 
#1 ·
Not far after the 3k mile mark, the chainstay on my 2010 Truth broke at the forward weld (just behind the BB) on the non-drive side. To the bike's credit, I was 6 miles from home when this occurred and I was able to ride home gingerly on the drive side stay.

Anyhoo, this occurred on Thursday evening, 7/19. I called my local Ellsworth dealer Friday morning and dropped the broken part off at the shop Friday evening. I got a call from the shop on Monday that Ellsworth had approved the warranty and a replacement chainstay was on its way. The new chainstay showed up yesterday, all new bearings already installed, and the bike is good as new.

I'm very happy with the quick service. I was sure it would have taken at least a few days to process the warranty, but Ellsworth stepped up to the plate and took care of business post-haste.

-Pete

#3 ·
Nice to see they appear to have learned a lesson about service. I recently purchased a headset press from a former Ellsworth employee who handled the warranty department years back when everyone was complaining about Ellsworth not honoring warranty promises. He told me that Tony himself would tell him not to send out replacements. He said Tony told him he did not get where he was from giving away frames. Apparently as the word got out about this he got alot of bad reviews and alot of negative posts here. They appear to have gotten the message. Glad to hear you guys got taken care of properly. I love my 08 Epi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.