Cptn. Beardman
    Jul 2006

Wanted a chainstay for my 02 Dare.

I'm searching for the thick straight chainstay for my 2002 Dare. They also call it the downhill chainstay.

As i noticed Ellsworth only deals with shops/dealers. I live in the Netherlands and we dont have Ellsworth dealers up here, i'm the only one here with an E.
    The German E dealer ( http://www.ellsworthbikes.de ) said he could hook me up with a new chainstay but after several calls and emails i still have got nothing. So i'm starting to feel they are not taking me serious.

So here my cry for help....Wanted a 02 Dare chainstay.

Ride on, Roy

The Netherlands

ps: i know my current chainstay is the XC one, i now want the DH one.

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    davew@ellsworthbikes.com
    Try this one,he did reply me but warranty issue did not work out for me.
    If there is no dealer in Netherlands i am sure that Ellsworth USA will provide you new chainstay,but check out customs fee and price of replacement part including shipping first.It can get very expensive.Are you first owner of Dare?If you are then it should be warranty replacement without any payment.Btw I did get my ID chainstay to welder who fixed it,looks good enough for me.Chainstay cracked excatly same way as yours.I have not tested it yet since I got frame (Nicolai Helius FR)Good luck, you need it and perhaps thick wallet too....

zeb
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hello,

I am sorry about the delay in my response; we have new chain stays for ID. We have Silver or Black and they are really durable. The crash replacement allows you to purchase a part in case of a crash. The prices on the replacement chainstays are 290.00 + shipping. Pease let me know if I can help you with this. Mike B.

I got this E-mail today from Ellsworth.Currency is most likely US $?

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeb
    Hello,

I am sorry about the delay in my response; we have new chain stays for ID. We have Silver or Black and they are really durable. The crash replacement allows you to purchase a part in case of a crash. The prices on the replacement chainstays are 290.00 + shipping. Pease let me know if I can help you with this. Mike B.

I got this E-mail today from Ellsworth.Currency is most likely US $?
    I'm sure it's US currency. $290 seems kinda high to me, but then again, I've never had to replace a stay. I'm sure the new ones are of the asymmetrical type and are basically special runs because the Id never came stock with them.

Have you guys try going thru a US dealer at all, like the Path in Tustin, CA or Beyond Bikes, Wrench Science, or other? They might have some success at least finding the part you want and would probably ship it to you. Once it gets there though, you're on your own for customs, unless of course if the part is "used", which I understand in some countries you don't pay duty on (Germany comes to mind).
    Last edited by chad1433; 11-14-2006 at 07:10 AM.

El Malo
    Keep in mind that by putting on the '02 DH chainstay on a Dare you will not be able to run a front derailleur.
    If you do want to run a Fderailleur, my suggestion is to call or email Ellsworth directly, explain your situation in detail. I'm sure they'll help you find a solution.
    "... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - "

Cptn. Beardman
    Jul 2006
    @ ZEB

Thanx for helping me out on the adres, i mailed this guy Dave and hopefully he can help me out.

Ride on, Roy

Cptn. Beardman
    Jul 2006
    Haha now i'm a happy E rider again. Trough Dave from Ellsworth USA i got to Florian the German E guy. He helped me out and got 2 things of wich i can choose,

1: a new rogue frame with a fox dhx 5.0.
    2: a new chainstay for my Dare but then i have to return by beautiful Dare back to the US.

Now the hardest part of the deal, wich to choose what to do.

Ride on, Roy

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    why return the Dare back to the US tell them to put a new chainstay in a box and ship it to your guy in Germany.... it shouldn't be this complicated, it's just a chainstay

btw.... don't let go of that Dare dude
    I Ride, I Know

Cptn. Beardman
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    why return the Dare back to the US tell them to put a new chainstay in a box and ship it to your guy in Germany.... it shouldn't be this complicated, it's just a chainstay

btw.... don't let go of that Dare dude

The deal was if iaccepted the Rogue frame then i had to return my Dare. No worries for me coz i dont like the Rogue. They are sending a chainstay to Germany.

The Dare does not leave me anymore, took me ages to get my dreambike.

Ride on, Roy

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    glad to hear that dude
    I Ride, I Know